Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kicktrak

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:20 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am thinking about ordering a kicktrak.  Has anyone used it?  And if you did, did you like it?  Would you buy it again?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
addisonsmom3794
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:22 PM

BUMP 

betsyfaith
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:23 PM

what is it?

addisonsmom3794
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Well it can be used for a couple of different things.  A healthy baby should produce 10 movements within an hour, this records how many you have in an hour to reduce the risk of stillbirth.  And it also times contractions.  A friend of mine on cafemom recommended it and I've wanted one and am thinking of ordering it tonight and just wanted any other opinions first.

Quoting betsyfaith:

what is it?

betsyfaith
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:29 PM

hmmm......I'm not finding any reviews for it.  Have you talked to your O/B about it?  Like do they recommend it?

jothra
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:31 PM

I haven't used it or seen it (I work in OB), but I would think that pen and paper would work just as well, unless you have the money to use and don't mind spending it.

Most of the people I run into don't need to sit down and do formal kick counts unless the baby doesn't really move much. I guess it's up to you as to whether you think you will really use it all the time.

addisonsmom3794
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Thats too funny.  I work for an ob as well.  My ob basically said I could write it down but said its easier to push one button and have it save all of the info so that when you go to the doc app. you can show them.  I've had two m/c's so I think thats why I'm so paranoid.  Thank you for your advice!

Quoting jothra:

I haven't used it or seen it (I work in OB), but I would think that pen and paper would work just as well, unless you have the money to use and don't mind spending it.

Most of the people I run into don't need to sit down and do formal kick counts unless the baby doesn't really move much. I guess it's up to you as to whether you think you will really use it all the time.

CarlaD
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:04 PM

I googled it and read about it, it's pretty low cost so I don't see an issue with buying it. It doesn't seem much different to me than the "old fashioned" way really.  It just seems like a neat gadget.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)