Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to do something special for SO for valentines day, but dont have any money, need ideas please...

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:30 PM
  • 15 Replies

and before you suggest I wait on him at the door naked, Let me say, I weigh 230 pounds and dont hide it very well, so if I were to do that he would probably turn around and run and never come back......LOL..

No, seriously, I dont have any money to get him something nice, and I know he is going to go out on a limb and get me something because he always does, and I dont want him to feel bad when I cant give him anything....Someone please give me some good ideas.......I thought about a candlelit dinner, but we both have to work tomorrow and wont get home until the same time, so I cant surprize him with something like that....(could have done it tonight...but we are both working tonight as well.....HELP!!) 

Tha Name is Melissa. I am the mother of 3 lovely children, 2 boys and 1 girl. My DD is a SURVIVOR of sexual abuse, and we are dealing with some emotional problems due to it, but we will pull through like we always do. I also suffer from Discoid (cutaneous) Lupus.My favorite color is red. I love photography and photo manipulation. I am a member of several photo editing groups. I am not a girly girl, Most people say I am just plain Jane..but I like it that way. I am in a bi-racial relationship, and I believe that Love is not a color. I love my SO for who he is not for what color he is and I will not tolerate racial slurs against me or my children.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkykoala2006
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:32 PM

this may be dumb but.. what if u rent him his favorite movie and just cuddle with him together and watch it?

lilmissmommy558
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:33 PM

get a pringles can or decorate an envelope and write 100 reasons why you love him and give it to him, or you could wait on him naked if hes with you he obviously loves you and is attracted to you, im hefty myself and it doesnt bother my hubby, he told me he wanted me naked with a red bow tied around me so i found a red bow tie to wear for him LOL

in loveLIFE IS A BALANCE OF HOLDING ON AND LETTING GO!!!!

sabrinanaspen
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:35 PM

it may sound cheesy but make him a card...and tell him why hes so special to you. oh and you may not be able to surprise him but you could still light some candles when you eat supper it would be romantic.

2bratzillasmama
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:36 PM

I made a card for my DF.  I just wrote about the things that I love about him and about how much I know he does for his family.  I told my bf and she told me that it was better than Hallmark!  Just pour out your love for him on paper and just make it very clear to him about how my you love, respect and appreciate him and all he does.  Attach it to his fav candy bar or other sweet.  All you'd need is a piece of paper and $.50 or so for the candy!  I hope this helps and I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!

spicymama.sc
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:39 PM

write him a love letter that geninuely comes from the heart...put the kids to bed...have a lil night cap or something...get all lovey dovey....make love all night....(let him wake up with a smile in the morning)...:)

inluvwdross
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:41 PM

all wonderful ideas!!!! I am going to have so much work to do when I get home from work tonight..have to hide myself in my room to get it all done with out him knowing...hee hee..

guess ima have to buy a can of pringles at work tonight to snack on.....and a candybar.....and well, we will just see....

keep the ideas coming ladies.....

you are lifesavers... 

Tha Name is Melissa. I am the mother of 3 lovely children, 2 boys and 1 girl. My DD is a SURVIVOR of sexual abuse, and we are dealing with some emotional problems due to it, but we will pull through like we always do. I also suffer from Discoid (cutaneous) Lupus.My favorite color is red. I love photography and photo manipulation. I am a member of several photo editing groups. I am not a girly girl, Most people say I am just plain Jane..but I like it that way. I am in a bi-racial relationship, and I believe that Love is not a color. I love my SO for who he is not for what color he is and I will not tolerate racial slurs against me or my children.

Babylove135
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:43 PM

My friend carved her and her DHs initials in a tree and took a pic of it.  She is having it blown up in black and white for him.  I loved the idea but all my trees suck and I couldn't do it.

Come join our group where you can talk about whatever you want with no drama!!     www.cafemom.com/group/BusyB

inluvwdross
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:18 PM

BUMPING........

COME ON LADIES KEEP THOSE IDEAS COMING. 

pamelam20
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Blow job...haha sorry tmi but anytime there is a holiday thats what dh asks for lmao. Sorry I am not very creative but good luck!

pregnancy calendar
Katenemsmom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Same thing I'm getting DH, its all he wants.

Quoting pamelam20:

Blow job...haha sorry tmi but anytime there is a holiday thats what dh asks for lmao. Sorry I am not very creative but good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)