Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Learned my lesson...never lend your ex money.

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:32 PM
  • 2 Replies

So CSE (Child Support Enforcement) screwed up.  When the divorce was finalized, my ex was ordered to pay me 425$ a month in child support.  For a month and a half after that, I didn't get the right amount.  I call 'em up, tell them this, and they say that they sent the paperwork to his employers already, but they'll take care of it.

So he gets a nasty call from them, where they threaten attorneys and collection agencies.  I didn't mean for them to take out a huge amount of backpay, I just wanted them to adjust the amount...but his paychecks are really getting a hit.

So he begs me for money for food.  I feel bad and say yes, after speaking to my fiance, who also thinks it's the right thing to do.  We give him a little bit so that he can buy groceries.

And what happens?  He picks up my kids a few days later and says he's going out to buy a second tattoo, all up his arm, with his tax return, a 500$ expense.

Umm.....wait.

So I lent you money for food, when you had a tax return coming, and you're blowing it on a tattoo instead of important things, like the debt that came along with the divorce on your end?

Remind me to not punch him in the face next time I see him. 

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Rayven729
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:34 PM

im glad you learned your lesson

greenie63
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:36 PM

I'd have to reply by saying "I hope you enjoy eating your arm with the tattoo since that's where your food money is". Sorry momma your ex is an idiot but good thing is he's an ex!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)