Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTF are you kidding me.. I am sooooo pissed off *EDIT* VENT

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:47 PM
  • 7 Replies

Police cited a Coos Bay Oregon  woman Thursday after a 5-year-old girl fell out of a moving car on South First Street.

A little after noon, the Coos Bay Police Department received numerous reports that a young child fell out of a vehicle and onto her head in the 900 block of South First Street. Callers said the driver of the vehicle stopped, put the child back into the 1989 Honda Accord and left.

Officers located and stopped the Honda, driven by Coos Bay resident Stacey Irvin, 33, at Central Avenue and Ninth Street. They called an ambulance, which took the child to Bay Area Hospital.

An investigation showed Irvin apparently was babysitting the child who had not been placed in a booster seat or seatbelted into the car. When the Honda went around a corner at approximately 10 mph, a door opened, and the child fell, a Coos Bay Police Department press release said.

Police cited Irvin with failure to use a seatbelt/endangering a child passenger. Chief Rodger Craddock said the child was not hurt, but the incident was preventable. “If the child had been properly secured in a child safety seat the child wouldn’t have fallen out,” he said.

The chief added, ironically, his department is focusing right now on promoting the proper use of child safety seats via a Three Flags Safety Blitz grant.

*EDIT* This is also a VENT.. I am pissed because it was so preventable and being a mother, grandmother and a foster parent I am all for protecting children. I mentor new mothers and I stress the importance of child safety restraints at ALL times. This child got extreamly lucky she could have been killed.

Wife to Kelly ~~ Mother to Tina, Shelie, Masao, Kelsey and Nickolas Grandmother to Ashley, Merriah, Michael, Kilynn, Kiailah, Gabriella, Kiana & Breena.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SethsMommy06
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:49 PM

If I were the mother of that child I'd be all about whopping that babysitters a$$!

Sheley
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Why are you soooooo pissed off?  This kind of thing and worse happens all the time.  Its upsetting yes....but I wouldnt make a post of it with me being pissed off. 

NJMom2Tyler
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:53 PM

That kind of stuff enrages me too! POOR BABY. I hate when I see careless parents and caregivers.

CeciliaLyon
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:55 PM

I am pissed.. I am a mother, grandmother and a Foster parent. I see kids that have been hurt and abused and in my opinion this is an action of a woman that could have killed this child.

Children are so fragile and as adults we need to be able to protect them.

Quoting Sheley:

Why are you soooooo pissed off? Because she could have died!

This kind of thing and worse happens all the time.  Its upsetting yes....but I wouldnt make a post of it with me being pissed off. 

shylosmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:03 PM

jaw drop

brimarie
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:03 PM

What is she supposed to do?  The police have taken over the case.  I don't understand why everything has to be turned into a drama fest

Quoting Sheley:

So instead of writing a post that you are sooo pissed, then take action.

Quoting CeciliaLyon:

I am pissed.. I am a mother, grandmother and a Foster parent. I see kids that have been hurt and abused and in my opinion this is an action of a woman that could have killed this child.

Quoting Sheley:

This kind of thing and worse happens all the time.  Its upsetting yes....but I wouldnt make a post of it with me being pissed off. 

CeciliaLyon
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Thank You !!

Quoting brimarie:

What is she supposed to do?  The police have taken over the case.  I don't understand why everything has to be turned into a drama fest

Quoting Sheley:

So instead of writing a post that you are sooo pissed, then take action.

Quoting CeciliaLyon:

Quoting Sheley:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)