• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help! I need side ideas

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:14 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am making steak for dinner and am looking for a side to go w/ it. I usualy make baked or mashed potato, but am looking for something different.  I will probably make a salad or have mixed veggies with it as well.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bryzeebaby
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:16 PM

maybe like a cold creamy pasta salad

KatelynsMommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:17 PM

I like roasted potatoes.. I cut em up.. coat them in oil with some garlic and(sometimes) ranch (the powder you make dip with) and bake them. Hmm.. rice is a good side too.. You could do noodles in a beef flavoring.. Thats about all i can think of.. I have not even started thinking about what to make tonight myself!

kristyann40
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Do you have any recipes?

Quoting Bryzeebaby:

maybe like a cold creamy pasta salad

mamaoftwins9197
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:20 PM

If you want to stick with a potato, you could do fried potatoes (like home fries), french fries, or au gratin.  Mac & cheese, alfredo pasta, pasta or potato salad, coleslaw, carrot and raisin salad.  I dunno, I don't eat steak anymore and I don't think we really did anything other than potatoes and salad.

mamaoftwins9197
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:20 PM

We do the potatoes like that, but with onion soup mix...so good!!!

Quoting KatelynsMommy:

I like roasted potatoes.. I cut em up.. coat them in oil with some garlic and(sometimes) ranch (the powder you make dip with) and bake them. Hmm.. rice is a good side too.. You could do noodles in a beef flavoring.. Thats about all i can think of.. I have not even started thinking about what to make tonight myself!

myfoursonsks
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:22 PM

For an easy side, I like taking linguine noodles and adding a little olive oil and some Greek seasoning.  It is something different and it tastes really good.

mygirlKyra
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:23 PM

corn on the cob and a salad!  MMMM>  yummy, can I come eat at your house.  LOL.  I am only making chicken fried steak tonight. 

Mommie2Kailen
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:24 PM

My Family loves both of these cold salads

Red Macaroni Salad

2cups cooked macaroni

2 ripe tomatoes chopped

1 onion chopped (fine)

1/2 green pepper diced

1/4 cucumber diced

The Dressing!

2/3cup White sugar,

1/2 cup vegi oil,

1/2 cup ketchup,

1/4 cup vinegar,

1 tsp salt,

1/4 tsp of pepper.

Cook macaroni,drain n rinse,Set aside. Prepare veggies, Toss Veggies in macaroni. Mix dressing and combine into macaroni. Chill

I would let it chill for at least 4 Hours. and its better the second day. Because the dressing sets in! Its good!

Tri-color sprial noodles, 1 full bag cooked al dente

Chopped up stick pepperoni and/or salami

Feta cheese

chopped raw broccoli

chopped raw cauliflower

Chopped raw carrots

artichoke hearts

1 bottle Salad crispin's or bacon bites

1 full 16 ounce bottle zesty italian dressing.

Mix together in a large bowl and chill for at least 1 hour... I chill for 24 because the longer it sits, the better it tastes!

pinkguitar87
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:26 PM

I know that this may sound weird BUT it is SO good... If you like apples and onions... I cut up 2 apples in big cubes, any kind green or red, and one onion just chopped up... Put butter in a frying pan and apples and onions add alittle salt and alittle pepper and then add just a pint of nutmeg and let it sautee until tender and apples should still be alittle crispy in the middle... I PROMISE it is good!!! lol... I also love to try new things so... GL finding a side... Oh or you could do roasted potatos... Cut the potatos into little cubes and put you favorite seasoning and alittle olive oil in a zip lock bag and add the potatos shake the bag and spread out potatos on a cookie sheet bake in the oven at 350 until the potatos are golden brown and tender in the middle... GL...

simple smile

Stacie-Kim
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:30 PM

you guys are  making me hungry LOL I always do rice a roni  or  potatoes with steak ..  ..  you could do sweet potatoes

I have a cool Ramen recipe for a nother time 

you take the noodles and cook them for 2 min drain the water then put a lil oil in a pan add the noodles and veggies ( I always use Brocholi I love it) and the seasoning OMG its SOOOO good!!!! 

shooting photokissing dad      

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)