Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby name, like it or not?? Middle name added**

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:33 PM
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you like it??

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 68

View Results

So we are planning on naming our little boy Falcon. 

It seems some people really like it, and a lot of others seem to hate it, I get very mixed reactions when I tell people what we are naming him.  My dad was a huge jerk about it, and went on about how he would rather us name him any other name in the world than that, and was just down right mean. Its like its one thing to say you dont like it, but to go on like that was just hurtful.  So Im just trying to get a feel of what others think too.  Dont worry I wont be offended if you dont like it! Thanks!

Personally I like Alexander, but my husband is not a big fan, we are also thinking Gregory for a middle name.  I wanted to use a more traditional middle name, so if he does end up hating his name he can go by his middle name instead.

So Falcon Alexander, or Falcon Gregory. 

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamiJ18
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:35 PM

i voted no because i can't really think of any middle names that would work with it.  but if you can find a good middle name i'll change my mind LOL.  it's okay i named my daughter roxanne and EVERYONE on my husband's side kept saying shit like she was going to be a prostitute when she grows up...go figure.

Ann7227
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:36 PM

I don't like it . I'm thinking about when he gets in school or will he even like his name. I hate my name and I wonder what my mom was thinking . It was the 70's though .

Rayven729
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:37 PM

people will call him a bird in school

sierracarlisle
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:37 PM

I like the name. I like different names though. I think Falcon is cute. Who cares what anyone else says..... who's baby is it? NOT your dads. He is YOURS!

kristyann40
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:39 PM

I'm kinda on the fence w/ it! what is his middle name going to be?

aarkat
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:39 PM

i like it  : )

my son had a music class with a little girl named Sparrow, which i think is also really cute.  maybe a good name if turns out to be a girl!

NichollHead
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:40 PM

I like unique names but just not this one because I can already see all the teasing he is going to get over it......

mamaoftwins9197

The only time I've ever heard that name on a person was on a soap opera.  I personally don't like it at all, but if you do, go for it!

pamelam20

I like it! It sounds strong and masculine to me.

pregnancy calendar
JuJuBee07
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Sorry but I don't like it at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)