Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pacifiers

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:37 PM
  • 16 Replies
We aren't against using them or anything, but DS doesn't care for them so we haven't used them since he was about 5 weeks old. Has anyone else had a baby who just didn't like them?
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oboe_chik
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:38 PM

My DD LOVED them and we had the worst time trying to get her off them. We introduced them to my DS when he was little he just spit them out when he figured out that he wasn't getting fed through it lol.

joshlor2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:38 PM

my oldest never took one, but my dd she was addicted at birth

nmsmommy41107
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:39 PM

my son only took one for the first few months and then was done with them. lol

smo210

my 1/2 yrold did not like it at all so he went without one he was the only one all my other kids loved it .

jennmarie77

My sisters and I hated them when we were babies.  I used one for my youngest for about 2 weeks.  I really don't care for pacis and am thankful neither of my kids really wanted one.

Are you a mom looking to discuss modern day issues with a Christian persepective? 

Join us at the roundtable, where no issue or topic is off the table. 

tfmmpmmdmmom

My twins never used them. They were in the NICU for 3 months and had a feeding tube for 2 months so they never got to suck on one so I guess they found other ways to soothe themselves. My oldest daughter was in the NICU for 2months but was able to eat from a bottle after the first week and they gave her a pacifier. She was a pain to break from it.

ebonyhope

wish my son was like that....he throws fits for his

Quoting nmsmommy41107:

my son only took one for the first few months and then was done with them. lol

CjEmmemommy

Not us my son loved his and used it for sleeping till he was 16 months. I then took it and he did fine. I was shocked that he didn't cry but I was sick of seeing so I thought I would take it and see if cold turkey worked:-)

My now 7 month old has one too but she doesn't seem to love it like Cj did.

Erica

AKA *KimberlinFamily*
Young_Mommy89
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Well my DD loves them but she prefers to chew on them or play with them rather than suvk them! My friend's DD, who is now 3, NEVER took a pacifier! SHe had all kinds but Kenny hated them! My DD only likes the NUk give her another type she will spit it out! 

sxwalke
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:40 PM

my youngest!! lol....the paci was a life saver with my daughter....so I tried to force it on my son and he just wasnt having it.  I offered it for months and he never took to it, my boob was better I guess....lol..and he did use it as a paci half the damn night

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)