Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To Avon Moms! Help!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:43 PM
  • 7 Replies

(I also posted this in an Avon group)

I just got started today, and I am a few confused on a few things.

I understand that the order book I make the three copies and give one back to the customer. Then I use the info on the rest to finish the order. But how would I figure in the "specials" Like if a person got a buy two get one free?

How do I figure sales tax?

What is the best way to use my product number guide? That book kind of throws me off too. Like I guess the best way to put is HOW do I use it? I know its numbers for the items, but do I refer to it when I am making an order? And if so, is it just an additional thing to reference to other than the campaign book?

Thanks!

Oh, and also I haven't gotten my account number yet, when do I get that?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jennmarie77
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Keep checking your email box for your acct #.  I'm pretty sure mine was sent to me in the acct I signed up with.

As for the order books, I'd recommend getting an e-site after you get your acct up and running and then use the invoice customers for the first time. 

When you get youravon.com acct set up, you can start taking the training sessions there and they help so much. 

Also, there are two really good Avon groups on here:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/1442

and

http://www.cafemom.com/group/345

I recommend joining both of them.  You'll learn a lot of stuff on both of them.

If you need any more help or need me to explain anything further send me a message.

Are you a mom looking to discuss modern day issues with a Christian persepective? 

Join us at the roundtable, where no issue or topic is off the table. 

kaitlynsmommy31
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Thanks! I joined the Avon Moms group and I'm waiting for the approval on the other group. It sounds like I just have to wait for my acct number and once I can access the webpage I will have a better understanding. lol

Quoting jennmarie77:

Keep checking your email box for your acct #.  I'm pretty sure mine was sent to me in the acct I signed up with.

As for the order books, I'd recommend getting an e-site after you get your acct up and running and then use the invoice customers for the first time. 

When you get youravon.com acct set up, you can start taking the training sessions there and they help so much. 

and

If you need any more help or need me to explain anything further send me a message.

jennmarie77
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Pretty much.  I did reply on your other post too with a bit more info.

Quoting kaitlynsmommy31:

Thanks! I joined the Avon Moms group and I'm waiting for the approval on the other group. It sounds like I just have to wait for my acct number and once I can access the webpage I will have a better understanding. lol

Quoting jennmarie77:

and

Are you a mom looking to discuss modern day issues with a Christian persepective? 

Join us at the roundtable, where no issue or topic is off the table. 

shandrarose
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:01 PM

did you open your avon account online? i always order online, its easier and give you two extra days (your order has to be submitted by noon the day the campaign ends) and when it sends you your invoice (the next day or so) itll figure in all the specials and stuff..

my lady gave me a sales tax card, so that makes it pretty easy..

depending onhow busy the lady that signed you up is mine took like two days to get.. and really i dont use the book with all the product numbers and stuff, i do all of it online..

im a newbie too :) sorry if none of this helped lol

gjcarr003
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:05 PM

I just recently joined Avon, too.  Thanks to the PP for those two groups, I'll be joining them later tonight, lol.  I don't have any good info, just wanted to say good luck!  :-)

KellyJB
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Your Avon account number is listed on top of your paper contract.

Your order book... Hold on to all the copies until you deliver the product.  Fill in the customer info and product #, discription, qty when you receive the order.  Fill in the dollar amount after you have received the product and look at your invoice.  If it is a special of buy 2 get 1 free, just put it as two line items, list two at the amount charge and the third as free.  If you signup to have your own personal webstore, all of these invoices will be created for you, so you don't have to use the order book.  This is much easier, so you may want to check into it.  It also calculates the tax for you. 

As for tax, you will need to find out what your local tax is.  To calculate, Add up all your item totals to get a sub-total.  Add the $0.75 service fee to that.  Then multiply the tax percentage to that amount to get the tax amount and then, add those together for your total.
Example:
Cream $1.00
Perfume $1.00
sub-total = $2.00

fee $0.75
Total= $2.75

multiply tax % to $2.75
example 7% would = $0.19
Add all together $2.75 + $0.19 = GRAND TOTAL = $2.94

I never use the product number guide.. .Are you placing your orders online?  Then you really do not need this book.  Go to your order form online, enter in your item number that is in the campaign book, enter the quantity and add to your order.  All the product numbers are the 6 digit numbers that are in campaign book.

Hope this helps.

Kelly Busch
Avon Independent Sales Representative & Unit Leader
WWW.youravon.com/kbusch

mammaMia25603
by on Mar. 19, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Quoting KellyJB:

Your Avon account number is listed on top of your paper contract.

Your order book... Hold on to all the copies until you deliver the product.  Fill in the customer info and product #, discription, qty when you receive the order.  Fill in the dollar amount after you have received the product and look at your invoice.  If it is a special of buy 2 get 1 free, just put it as two line items, list two at the amount charge and the third as free.  If you signup to have your own personal webstore, all of these invoices will be created for you, so you don't have to use the order book.  This is much easier, so you may want to check into it.  It also calculates the tax for you. 

As for tax, you will need to find out what your local tax is.  To calculate, Add up all your item totals to get a sub-total.  Add the $0.75 service fee to that.  Then multiply the tax percentage to that amount to get the tax amount and then, add those together for your total.
Example:
Cream $1.00
Perfume $1.00
sub-total = $2.00

fee $0.75
Total= $2.75

multiply tax % to $2.75
example 7% would = $0.19
Add all together $2.75 + $0.19 = GRAND TOTAL = $2.94

I never use the product number guide.. .Are you placing your orders online?  Then you really do not need this book.  Go to your order form online, enter in your item number that is in the campaign book, enter the quantity and add to your order.  All the product numbers are the 6 digit numbers that are in campaign book.

Hope this helps.

SO IF IM PLACING MY ORDERS ONLINE THEN I DONT NEED TO USE THE ORDER BOOK. THEN HOW DO I SEND MY CUSTOMERS THEIR RECEIPT?

Avon Rep.briefcase

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)