Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm Pregnant! Yay! How should I spill the beans?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:02 PM
  • 41 Replies

So, Wow! Want to hear a funny story? Well I was Exclusively BFing until about 1 1/2 ago (DD is almost 11 mo now) and I had my first pp period in early Nov(heavy), then nothing until early January(light), and nothing since. I had a sneaking suspicion that I was pregnant, but I know from my past pregnancies that when you first start getting your period again and you are still BFing they tend to be really wacky. At any rate, I took a test first thing this morning. It was POSITIVE! I called my ob and she was unavailable but another doc could see me since it was just the regular confirmation visit, I agreed to see the doc I've never met. Well less than a minute after I peed in the cup the doctor came in and said the test was negative! I was really confused since my test this morning and I am pretty well aware of my body. He was certain that the test was negative and there was no way I was pregnant. So dumbfounded I put my coat on and was just about to walk out of the exam room, when the nurse comes in and says "Congratulations! It was positive!" I'm like your joking right? The doctor just told me it was negative! Apparently the test notes were from my physical 4 months ago! 

So...stork

I am happy to say that I am in fact pregnant!

My dilemma now, is that I don't know how to tell DH! Any ideas?? I want to do something related to Valentines Day since it's tomorrow, but I'm not sure what to do!

Please help!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tazz2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:03 PM

draw a heart on your belly and take a pic

sahm_of_rj
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:04 PM

My mom was sick when I told her I was PG, so I gave her a get well card from the baby.  She was reading it and got about halfway through when all of the sudden she jumped and said "ARE YOU PREGNANT?!?!?!?!"  Maybe you could get your DH a valentine from the baby? ;)

Ajanee12
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Get a white Red tshirt for your dd and get those iron on pink letter and spell out. somthing like  Excited to be a big sister.. and then wrap it up and have her open it tonight or tommorow morning in front of him.

Lanie_momofone
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Well..you can get him a card and perhaps put on it..Love from...yourself (your current children) and then put..and baby.

mommy2be33009
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Maybe find a cute card from the kids and put one on the way...  or something like that.

You know they say the most popular day for dads to find out they are going to be dads is fathers day.  I would have loved to get my DH a fathers day card and surprised him but since our lil one will be 3 months then it didn't quite work out...

Hisservent
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:07 PM

aw I like that!!

Quoting Tazz2:

draw a heart on your belly and take a pic

All I have, all I am, all I ever will be, is because of you, Lord!

I am a 100% pro-life, wife, church goin Christain, choir singin, recycling, natural products user, vaccinating, non co-sleepin, CIO method user, soy milk drinking, organic milk givin, coffee drinking, dog lovin, schedule stickin to, vitamin givin/takin, soy candle burning, as Green as I can get, WAHM. giving heart

khmommy04
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:07 PM

I like that idea but I've had 2 kids already and my tummy isn't very cute!

bonzai4evr
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:08 PM

This is how I told my SO about our last pregnancy...

I got a hamburger bun and wrote "Baby #5" on it and put it in the oven. I sent him on a treasure hunt that ended at the oven. When he opened it up I screamed "Theres a bun in our oven!!!!!!" LOL!!!

sadsids ribbonpatrioticbouncing mom

Mommy to 4 angels:

*Baby Rylie* *Baby Taylor*

*Kanoa Albert* *Braidon Makaio-Keoni*

And Mommys Little Miracle~

*Madyson Lacie*

khmommy04
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:08 PM

ooo that's a good Idea!

CjEmmemommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:09 PM

I got my mom a card to and flowers The card said some nice things about her being such a wonderful grandmom X 2 it took her a second and then she was like your having another:-) It was so cute.

Op I think you could make a vday card or what I wanted to do but couldn't wait was to -- Take him to Dinner and give him a gift. In the box will be the test stick. I just couldn't wait that long to tell him and the day I took the test he was home so there was no way:-)

Congrats

Erica

Quoting sahm_of_rj:

My mom was sick when I told her I was PG, so I gave her a get well card from the baby.  She was reading it and got about halfway through when all of the sudden she jumped and said "ARE YOU PREGNANT?!?!?!?!"  Maybe you could get your DH a valentine from the baby? ;)

AKA *KimberlinFamily*
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)