• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who else is alone for Valentine's Day?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:11 PM
  • 11 Replies
My DH just flew out to Chicago for his mom's 80th bday celebration and left me alone until Sunday! :( DD and I would have gone too if I weren't 7 months pregnant. Anyway, I am feeling a tad abandoned and a little resentful... hee hee. Should I be? Who else is alone this weekend?
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peanutx3
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:13 PM

I am alone also.  DH goes to work for 48 hours Saturday morning.

ArleneE
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:15 PM

I am also alone, but under different circumstances because my husband has to work a shift on the ambulance regular shift 24 hours.  I am also a little over 7 months pregnant and currently my first son will be 17 months tomorrow. I am due March 28th but they haven't scheduled the c section date yet so I am not really sure if the baby will be here before that or not.

Young_Mommy89
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Unless he surprises me & they get to come home at 2 am tomorrow, i am alone! He is still in the field! I haven't seen him in a week. crying

bonzai4evr
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:17 PM

I'll be alone. My STBX moved out and said that our daughter is replacing me as his Valentine this year. Dumb men!!!!!

sadsids ribbonpatrioticbouncing mom

Mommy to 4 angels:

*Baby Rylie* *Baby Taylor*

*Kanoa Albert* *Braidon Makaio-Keoni*

And Mommys Little Miracle~

*Madyson Lacie*

ArleneE
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:18 PM

48 hours isn't that against work condition laws and sleep needs and stuff to function safely.  My husband is a paramedic and they work 24 hour shifts at the not so busy bases but they are encouraged to rest if possible during their shift but be ready to take a call when needed ( so they rest in their shoes and clothes) LOL.

Quoting Peanutx3:

Susanjdv861
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:19 PM

i alone this year for the 1st time in 7 years. my husband is deployed overseas right now and i won't see him till april.

mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:21 PM
Intrinsic.Elite
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:22 PM

This is my first year alone.  I split with my SO in December.  I'm not too bothered by it, but I might give myself a pamper tonight with a warm flower oil bath and a home facial ;)

Peanutx3
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:23 PM

At least in Washington State the firefighters/paramedics can work a 48 hour shift.  According to their contract he can work up to 72 hours.  He does get to sleep most nights so it really isn't bad.  He gets 4 days off in a row so it really is worth it.

Quoting ArleneE:

48 hours isn't that against work condition laws and sleep needs and stuff to function safely.  My husband is a paramedic and they work 24 hour shifts at the not so busy bases but they are encouraged to rest if possible during their shift but be ready to take a call when needed ( so they rest in their shoes and clothes) LOL.

Quoting Peanutx3:

ambubbett
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:25 PM

According to me and my dh, tomorrow is not valentines day.  We're going to celebrate valentines day when he gets back from overseas, which is around Aug-Sept 09

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)