Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it weird that i'm dieting, but don't weigh?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:16 PM
  • 13 Replies

i have been dieting for three weeks...as well as going to cardio classes 4 days a week.  i have no desire to weigh myself.

i can tell in my clothes that i've lost weight, but the actual number means nothing to me. 

my husband thinks i need to weigh, but i disagree.  i know what i weighed when i began and as long as i continue to eat well and exericise the pounds will come off. 

i feel that scales do nothing but disappoint and discourage so i'm staying away.

i'm thinking i'm just going to weigh once a month. 

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katie31
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:18 PM

it has been said that the people who weigh themselves all the time gain weight

CoUrtNEyLeE
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:19 PM

When i weighed myself I gained more weight once i threw out the scale I remained steady

mom2teens9093
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:20 PM

I dont like to be a prisoner to the scale but for me I weigh in once a week.....it gives me the determination to go on...like this week i lost 6.2 pounds and I am soooo motivated

madmom04
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:24 PM

I havent weighed since b4 thanksgiving,, lol hate to, but i have gone from a 20 down to an almost 14,, still tight but it will come,, lol  anyway,, way to much info there.     I hate scales, people are always asking how much I have lost and I dont know,,  Just say that my pants dont fit anymore so something is working, olol     Good Luck momma.

Stacie-Kim
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:27 PM

don't listen to him!! its great that you don't weigh yourself If its not important to you as long as you are getting the results you want!!

shooting photokissing dad      

canagirl95
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:32 PM

I only get weighed at my yearly physical.  The guy who is her nurse is cool~ I just tell him to put the # from my physical & he does.  Also, I don't call it a diet because I think labeling it as such automatically makes it a negative.  I am eating healthier & hula hooping & using my treadmill more, that's all.  Oh, and I'm feeling great.  Who needs a scale?

treadmill shoppingsimple smile

clwlockey
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:34 PM
no!! i hate scales! i avoid them as much as possible! i am working out but i want to be happy with how i look not worried about a number!

so.this.is.love
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:34 PM

congrats..that's so awesome.

Quoting mom2teens9093:

I dont like to be a prisoner to the scale but for me I weigh in once a week.....it gives me the determination to go on...like this week i lost 6.2 pounds and I am soooo motivated

so.this.is.love
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:36 PM

oh, i'd love to be a 14...hopefully i'll get there..LOL!

congrats on your weightloss!  that's so awesome..and that's alot of clothes sizes down in that amount of time!

Quoting madmom04:

I havent weighed since b4 thanksgiving,, lol hate to, but i have gone from a 20 down to an almost 14,, still tight but it will come,, lol  anyway,, way to much info there.     I hate scales, people are always asking how much I have lost and I dont know,,  Just say that my pants dont fit anymore so something is working, olol     Good Luck momma.

marina069
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:36 PM

i agree with you, weight is just a number, although it is good to know for blood pressure and chlorosterol (sp) reasons, i guess, but the way your clothes fit is a better indication, in my opinion, you know what you may want to do, and it really gives you motivation, is to start measuring yourself each week or so, good luck and congrats

Lauri, mommy to 2 princesses

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)