Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on my post about wanting to watch my friends baby...

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:35 PM
  • 1 Replies

Well they never came back this afternoon so I guess he's either with someone else or they decided to not go out ...Which I seriously doubt the second thought. I think some of you misunderstood what I was trying to say in my last post. I was trying to hurry because my mom was waiting on us to get ready so she could take me to visit my step dad who just had surgery on his mouth. Anyways - I don't want to adopt this  baby... Even though I would in a heartbeat. I want to baby sit him on the nights that they want to go & party so that I know he's in a safe environment & not left with god knows who. My husbands only problem is that he doesn't think I should because I offered to baby sit for FREE. He's only thinking of the money side of the aspect & I don't think he's worried about this babies well being. I don't care about the money - I just want to take care of him whenever they'll give me the chance. If they take advantage of me .. I don't care because that little boy needs a stable home with love & care.

As for their daughter , she's 8. I know she's being hurt in this situation but I feel that the baby is more helpless & worse things could happen in his situation. He can't fend for himself , but the 8 year old (If absolutely need be) could do what she needed to do in order to survive. & yes I would be more than willing to watch her as well , for free.

After reading the replies I do realize that CPS does need to be involved. I would just hate to see their family torn apart. Even though they don't act like the best parents in the world , I know they still love their children & it'd be heart breaking to see them taken away... Even though I know that would be best.

So thank you all for the advice & words of wisdom. I have alot to think about & I'll keep you all posted if anything happens.

Have a good evening - & Happy Valentines day.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
B.A.G.
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:37 PM

i read the previous post also, i think tha tits a wonderful thing that your offering to watch the baby. and i can understand where your hubby is coming from too, but overall, the child needs safety. :0)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)