Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you charge?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:52 PM
  • 16 Replies

Ok so this is a babysitting question. What would you charge a day or hour or week for a 9 month old for the hours of wed-12-530 fri-12-530 and thursday full day...(she didnt say a time..im guessing just 8-5 or 9-5). please in your answer indicate if it would be hour day or week. Thanks

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lenalove
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:56 PM

I would charge a weekly fee. IF it was specific steady hours. And it depends on how i knew the person how id want to be paid, and if i was providing food or if they were.

teresa06
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:00 PM

I posted a babysitting ad on craigslist and she responded so thats how I know her i guess lol. Im assuming she will be providing diapers and formula for the baby...

bump

Quoting lenalove:

I would charge a weekly fee. IF it was specific steady hours. And it depends on how i knew the person how id want to be paid, and if i was providing food or if they were.

RmeWifey01
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:03 PM

I think I would charge $25 per day for the partial days, and $35 for full days.

teresa06
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Excactly what I was thinking. lol great minds think alike. do you think payig that much is to much?

Quoting RmeWifey01:

KittyD
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:07 PM

like 2.50 an hour max...

KittyD ~ Stop By My Page & Sign my Guest Book!

teresa06
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:13 PM

So your saying 12 bucks for 5 hours?

Quoting KittyD:

like 2.50 an hour max...

teresa06
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:13 PM

BUMP please i need more suggestions

Galdarisimom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:18 PM
I watch my friends kids a couple days a week and she pays me 20$ a day for both kids. They are 5 and 3. We live in Oklahoma so our cost of living is pretty low though. My suggestion would be to go online and check how much they charge at a daycare facility and go by that. Also will you be providing snacks, lunch, etc? What happens if she is late? IMO 25$ for a partial day is pretty expensive for one kid. I don't always think I get paid enough for what I do, but work it out before you start, so there are no hard feelings later and you both know where the situation stands. Good luck!
Schleetle
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:20 PM

That sounds fair to me.

Quoting RmeWifey01:

iamcrystal26
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:20 PM

This is never an easy thing to decide on. I'd probably do a set amount daily like $20 or $25 a day . That way if you end up watching the kid an extra day you know you'll get paid for it, instead of it blending into the weekly amount.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)