Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

false positives??????

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:00 PM
  • 16 Replies

so....some of you might remember my other post the other day..about me being pregnant with my 2nd. well, i was just wondering..anyone ever experienced having false positives??? and later on found out your not pregnant? im asking this because....i went to my dr's appointment earlier today and they said it came out negative when...2 nights ago, the test i took came out positive right away. so they took some blood to see if they find out that way..and they should be able to give me an answer the next day, but since they're closed over the weekend i have to wait until monday. so i bought some more home pregnancy tests. digital and the regular stick...and ALL of them turned out POSITIVE! i really hope it is, because we already told all our family and friends. we even started looking at bigger cars so both the baby seats and strollers can fit! hehe. im really crossing my fingers!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsVINZON
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:01 PM

BUMP

thisloveofmine
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Well I hope you are, too! That is SO weird. GL!

heidi_val
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:03 PM

I got a positive result and about 3 or 4 days later, I got my period. 

saralouise

3 of them positive? I'm sure that's no mistake lol... good luck! btw when they gave you one, they just use the same kind you can buy in a store only it's just a strip. your hormones might not have been high enough yet. one day can make a huge difference.

Shanamaria

Is there a chance you could be on fertility meds?

I'm just a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside a bitch!

DaffysDoll
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Same here. It's happened to me a few times. But you have 4 there that say yes, so I'd say you are...congrats!

Quoting heidi_val:

I got a positive result and about 3 or 4 days later, I got my period. 

lenalove
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:08 PM

ive never had a false pos. im thinking yo are pregnant since you have so many tests there [and different brands.] goodluck!!

Mindy9807
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:17 PM

That's weird! I didn't think you could get a false positive unless you were on some sort of fertility meds. I don't see how you can have different brands and get all positives if you weren't though! Good luck and i will keep my fingers crossed for you!! Keep us posted!!

pregnant
expecting Pictures, Images and Photosexpecting blinkie Pictures, Images and Photosexpecting Pictures, Images and PhotosExpecting after Loss Pictures, Images and Photos
geminishadow79
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:26 PM

okay one false negative is very rare but possible, but 4 of them!  no way!  Unless your on some sort of hormone treatment for like fertility or if you just had a baby...

mrsVINZON
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:55 PM

oh no, all 4 were positive. the 4th one just wasn't that dark but after i took that picture, the lines became darker. oh and i took the first test on the top of the picture from 2 nights ago, and i took the last 3 right after we got home from the doctors appointment

Quoting saralouise:

3 of them positive? I'm sure that's no mistake lol... good luck! btw when they gave you one, they just use the same kind you can buy in a store only it's just a strip. your hormones might not have been high enough yet. one day can make a huge difference.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)