• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

YEA!!! THEY CALLED HIM BACK TO WORK!!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:02 PM
  • 6 Replies

My DH was laid-off in Spetember, 3 weeks later, I was laid-off. In December he found another job paying WAY less than he was making before, but we were happy, at least it was a job. On January 23 he was laid-off from his new job and I am still looking for work so we were having to borrow $ from my parents (I have never had to do that before and I felt sick to my stomach) to make ends meet. They called him today and he starts back at the job he lost in Jan. He will start on Tuesday AND...he is making $1.00 per hour more than he made before they laid him off in Jan. We are soooo excited! Just wanted to share. Now it's my turn...hoepfully someone hires me. I've been told I need to "dummy up" my resume. I was a customer service manager with 12 years experience at my last job and I guess I may be "over qualified" for a lot of jobs in that field. There are some college grads in my area that are having to take jobs as "Bell-hops" and "room service" at hotels because of the lack of work here in Silicon valley. 

of 6of 3 beautiful girls

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Teespot
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:03 PM

oh I am sooo happy for you....things are so bad everywhere...its nice to hear something good for a change... 

KittyD
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Have you tried going through an agency? I know alot of people get temp jobs through there... a temp jib is better than no job.

KittyD ~ Stop By My Page & Sign my Guest Book!

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Hey my husband too, Congratulations!!!

high five

bigred01
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Quoting KittyD:

Have you tried going through an agency? I know alot of people get temp jobs through there... a temp jib is better than no job.

I am happy for you. The temp agencies around here have no jobs. My soninlaw has been on a waiting list at 3 different agencies for a couple months.  Any job you get right now you better hang on to.

Photobucket

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Feb. 14, 2009 at 9:45 AM

congratulations

< Cafe GroupAdmin

neen2701
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 9:50 AM
well...here it is...january 2008, my husband was laid-off from his job of 6 years...unemployment...then he found another job, working for the competition and since he wouldn't release information about the previous company and their customers, he was "let go"...found another job pretty quickly after that in may and was laid-off in november...he has been on unemployment since then. i'm sooooo waiting for the day that the first company mentioned calls him back in the spring. it was an awesome company to work for..full paid medical benefits! oh, well...my fingers are crossed!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)