Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! Hiting what do i do!?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:35 PM
  • 4 Replies

My son is 14 months old almost 15 months. For the past two weeks he thinks it's funny to hit and slap me, or anyone else, as hard as he can. when he's mad at that person or even sometimes just because .i've yelled at him.I've scream at him.I tell him no. it's mean and it's bad,but he just laughs at me.IDK what to do anymore!!! i put him in his crib right now left the light on and told him he was being put in there for hitting and it was bad.He's in there talking and laughing. This was after yelling at him a good 10 times . please help how do i teach him not to hit?? what has worked for you with your children!! please!!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
krista778
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:42 PM

I grab her hand right after contact and look right in her face and very sternly say NO.

On another note, I would choose some other place for his timeout since you don't want a negative conotation associated with his bed. Just a thought.

Sonrisa502
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:47 PM

My son did the same thing.

Screaming at them really doesn't help. Actually, that teaches them to be scared of you and you never want that.

I don't know what you believe in, but if time out isn't working I spanked my son. Now I didn't do it hard enough to leave marks or anything like that. I also sometimes would hit him back. Again not hard enough to leave marks, but enough to hurt his feelings.

He stopped... Sometimes, he slips and will still do it, but for the most part when he gets upset he just tells me bad momma. No biggie! I can handle that.

iluvmybaby175
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:03 PM

well he already laughs at me when i scream at him,he doesn't think im scary at all he thinks it's hilarious ...and he already hates bed ..but what kid doesn't ..and it's the only place where he'd HAVE to stay rather then just runing right back outta lets say the corner or something LOL anymore ideas?

iluvmybaby175
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:04 PM

iv'e tried this he just laughs and hits me again

Quoting krista778:

I grab her hand right after contact and look right in her face and very sternly say NO.

On another note, I would choose some other place for his timeout since you don't want a negative conotation associated with his bed. Just a thought.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)