Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tax Question! Help, Confused!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:35 PM
  • 2 Replies

Ok,  DH is doing Federal Taxes with a Software program....

This year the form has a place that says to declare the State Tax Return amount as Income?   Huh? 

Ok, now, bear with me, but, isn't that Double Taxation?  Or am I just confused?   Nowhere on our Taxform last year is there any mention of declaring our State Tax return amount as income...

Can anyone clear this up,  Do you have to declare the money you get back from state taxes as income?  How does that work?  

Bupkie.....

*** My philosophy on sharing info is that it's just free info (not advice) so please take it or leave it. If it fits great! If not, leave it on the ground and dance on it for fun!!! :) ***

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
DeTora_Family
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Yes, you do have to claim it when you do itemized deductions.  I've had to do that three years in a row.  Doesn't make a hill of beans sense to me, but that's the government for you!!!

~Please read my toddler blog-Raising Rocco~

I am a green, natural-birthing, co-sleeping, non-CIO, baby-wearing, cloth-diapering, extended-breastfeeding, non-spanking, delayed-vaccinating, early toilet-teaching, Irish Catholic mama of advanced maternal age to my extended rear-facing Italian bambino. You don't have to agree, but that's me. Nice to meet you.

bupkie
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:44 PM

If it's money you've already been taxed on... how can they say it's income that needs to be taxed again?   

Bupkie.....

*** My philosophy on sharing info is that it's just free info (not advice) so please take it or leave it. If it fits great! If not, leave it on the ground and dance on it for fun!!! :) ***

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)