Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so selfish =(

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:42 PM
  • 6 Replies

So me and bf celebrated valentines day on Wednesday since he had to go out of town for work yesterday and won't be back until tmw night. I got a gorgeous necklace and earrings that match my mothers ring he got me last month (his reasoning:for being such a wonderful hardworking mother to my son and a great role model for his DD) and I can't help but sit here and feel lonely about tmw. no flowers, no chocolate, just another day sitting at home alone. Well not alone, my son will be here and his DD is spending the night with me tonight since his mom has plans tonight. I can't wait for her to fall asleep (watching cinderella on the couch) so I can decorate, I made heart paper chains, and a heart shaped cake I need to decorate, and I bought all kinds of decorations.. and I'm making heart chaped pancakes in the morning with cherry topping.. and I still feel selfish because I'm upset he won't be here to enjoy it all too =( And damnit I want some damn carnations.

I AM A SINGLE 19 YEAR OLD MOMMY. I GO TO COLLEGE FULL TIME FOR CORRECTIONS. I WORK FULL TIME AT THE DEPARTMENT OF JOB AND FAMILY SERVICES. I AM A SURVIVOR OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND RAPE. I CO-SLEPT, VACCINANTED, DISPOSABLE DIPAERED AND FORMULA FED MY BEAUTIFUL ONE YEAR OLD SON JAYSON. HE IS HAPPY, HEALTHY AND WELL ADJUSTED TO HIS PERFECT LIFE. HE DOESN'T HAVE TWO PARENTS BUT HE HAS A MOMMY, 2 GRANDPARENTS, 3 AUNTS, 3 UNCLES, 7 COUSINS AND A WHOLE LOTTA LOVE! LIFE IS GOOD FOR US. AND THAT IS WHAT REALLY MATTERS

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
DeTora_Family
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Wow, you're really into it.  That's great.  It's sounds like it will be nice with the kids.  Maybe he'll send you flowers.  Does he know how much you love carnations?  I can see how you'd feel lonely, and I don't think that's selfish.

I've got my DH right here on the couch, but we're not going to do anything special for V-day, and I would fall over if he got me a gift.

~Please read my toddler blog-Raising Rocco~

I am a green, natural-birthing, co-sleeping, non-CIO, baby-wearing, cloth-diapering, extended-breastfeeding, non-spanking, delayed-vaccinating, early toilet-teaching, Irish Catholic mama of advanced maternal age to my extended rear-facing Italian bambino. You don't have to agree, but that's me. Nice to meet you.

Mommy2Jayson
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Thanks. We've only been together for 7 months, so I don't know, he's never bought me flowers before... I don't remember carnations ever coming up in conversation.

I love valentines day. I think it's because  I always managed to be single on valentines day, until I was 17..So it's important to me, even if it is just a hallmark holiday

I gave my son his singing balloon today... hehe.. I love it.

Quoting DeTora_Family:

Wow, you're really into it.  That's great.  It's sounds like it will be nice with the kids.  Maybe he'll send you flowers.  Does he know how much you love carnations?  I can see how you'd feel lonely, and I don't think that's selfish.

I've got my DH right here on the couch, but we're not going to do anything special for V-day, and I would fall over if he got me a gift.

I AM A SINGLE 19 YEAR OLD MOMMY. I GO TO COLLEGE FULL TIME FOR CORRECTIONS. I WORK FULL TIME AT THE DEPARTMENT OF JOB AND FAMILY SERVICES. I AM A SURVIVOR OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND RAPE. I CO-SLEPT, VACCINANTED, DISPOSABLE DIPAERED AND FORMULA FED MY BEAUTIFUL ONE YEAR OLD SON JAYSON. HE IS HAPPY, HEALTHY AND WELL ADJUSTED TO HIS PERFECT LIFE. HE DOESN'T HAVE TWO PARENTS BUT HE HAS A MOMMY, 2 GRANDPARENTS, 3 AUNTS, 3 UNCLES, 7 COUSINS AND A WHOLE LOTTA LOVE! LIFE IS GOOD FOR US. AND THAT IS WHAT REALLY MATTERS

tynkz
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:50 PM

umm where do u live and can i come over for vday?  lol it sounds like you are going to have a nice vday with the kids. i totally understand though  cause the hubs is gonna be working all day and we actually are not celebrating til tuesday.  and i hope i get flowers too so i've been telling my hubs how i want some or even one. maybe u can hint to ur bf.

McKennasmom03
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:51 PM

I love all holidays. And i go crazy. Its just me and DD this year. My DH is in Iraq. When she goes to bed I am going to decorate for her. I just love to give. Probably because I am so used to not getting. LOL.

Stacie-Kim
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:53 PM

I think you should just focus on the kids tomorrow and atleast you had a good day today..

shooting photokissing dad      

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Yeah...my hubby and I aren't doing anything on V-day either. Last year was our first as a married couple and he did nothing that time too. Lol! My hubby is def NOT the romantic type.

Proud Mommy to Rachel Joy!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)