Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think this is stupid?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:47 PM
  • 20 Replies

Do you think it's stupid to stockpile?  As in to stock up on stuff while it's cheap or free, and have years worth of stuff for your family?  For example if I had like 10 things of shampoo, 15 things of bodywash, 10 things of deoderant, etc... then also on groceries?  Like if can food is REALLY cheap, or free do you think it would be insane to stock up on say 50 cans of vegetables? 

Ok before you think I'm nuts for asking, I like to get things for free, and don't want to have to pay for it when I run out, so I normally buy extra, so I won't run out and have to pay full price.  Well I was watching something and it was about a lady stockpiling, and my mom's boyfriend made the comment he thought people were psycho that had 10 things of shampoo.  I was shocked, he's always wanting to save money, but he gets mad if there is a sale on vegetables and we buy more than 3 or 4 cans, even though we go through 2 cans a night (I keep the extra in our closet, so not in anyone's way).  But I was just wondering if this is how a lot of people thought?  If it is that's fine but I was just trying to figure out why, b/c I dont dare ask him!  I mean I don't pay for diapers, I got 10 extra packs of diapers and I bought them b/c not only were they free, I was PAID to take them... I mean why wouldn't I stock up, lol.  But I'd love to hear feedback on your opinions.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scmomma85
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:48 PM

I think its a great way to save money and my hubby and I do this ourselves.

hotprincesscm
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Don't worry, I do the same thing as you!  I have a closet full of my freebies!  I figure I won't have to buy shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes, bar soap, dishsoap, and pain relievers for a very long time!!

Stacie-Kim
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:50 PM

I think its stupid if you can do it and you don't 

shooting photokissing dad      

canagirl95
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:51 PM

I've always done that~ I like to say I have a deep pantry.  I grew up that way~ my Mom always made sure we had plenty of extra food in the pantry 

BreannazMomma

We do the same thing.  When there's a good deal, it only makes sense to stock up on it!!!  I've prolly got 15 cans of green beans left from the who-knows-how-many we bought like 3 months ago!!!!  (green beans are everyone's favorite veggie here! lol) 

tdmag

Thats not stupid at all.Go for it.When I see a good deal I always Get at least five thats why I got a deep freeze.

I am the offspring of ALCOHLICS  if you are dealing with a parents drinking problem there is a support group for you! Even if it is another relative or a friend, This group is for anyone dealing with alcoholism.Please join also if you have advice or would like to counsel another mom! We are here to help each other!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/94104

Keirasmommy22
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Quoting scmomma85:

I think its a great way to save money and my hubby and I do this ourselves.

duckdans.gif picture by crazyazzbamagirlhappiness-1.jpg Happiness image by JamaicaQueen22Carrie38.gif by Carrie image by SigShowBlinkies

SweetieCoastie.gif picture by crazyazzbamagirl
thdaughter.gif love image by m_a_babygirl 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:54 PM

food is a good thing to stock up on...... hygiene items i am nto sure about unless you go through crazy amounts of it.  We get 3 - 4 bottles of shampoo on pay day and that usually will last us 3 months or so. We have tons of cereal also bc of all the sales, now have to figure out how to eat it all. We are only a family of 3.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Crystallynn
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:55 PM

I do it..... If I find a great deal on shampoo, I will buy like 5 or 6......

And I do the same thing with body wash, rice a roni, hamburger helper, any meat (because I can stick it in the freezer).........I am known to do this.  I even do it with clothing.......LOL  If I find a good deal on it, and it is too big for my kids, I buy it anyway because I know they will grow into it! 

KRISSH
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:58 PM

NO....I THANK THAT IS SMART AND GOOD IDEA..

KEEP IT UP..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)