Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working mom that works at home!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 3:17 PM
  • 10 Replies
Hello Everybody! 
My name is Shae and I am from Alabama.   I have two kids, a 13 year old boy and a 9 year old girl.  I just joined this site yesterday and now I am exploring! 
I am a working mother but I work from my home office.  Does anybody else out there work this way? 
Shae
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robin
by Head Admin on Mar. 28, 2007 at 4:02 PM
Hi Shae,

Nice to meet you! 

There are a lot of really nice Moms here so say hi and send out some friend invitations.  

If you like to chat, stop by our group
Chatterbox .

Glad you're here!Smile
Robin
krimar14
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 4:04 PM
Hi I am Kristi  mom of three.  I wish I  could find a job  to do from home.  Anyways welcome.
mommyov5
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 4:09 PM

Hello welcome to Cafemom's I am new here also.

I make soy candles out of my home :-)

proudwifenmom06
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 4:10 PM
hey welcome... n i sell marykay from home n love it!!!
palinkasx6
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 4:13 PM
Hi there! Welcome.

Another mom wishing she could work from home.

Allyson
mommyx9
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 4:18 PM
Ok, I've been writing this on several posts, so I'll just save a lot of time and hope this helps!

I work out of my home as a medical transcriptionist. I LOVE it, because it suits my medical mind, and my typing/computer skills and most importantly, I can be at home with the kids.

Having said that- this is an occupation that is growing, and there is a demand for it - HOWEVER  - it does take an education and for the better paying jobs you will most likely have to work in the clinic or hospital for a season before they can send you home to do what you do.

On the upside - most community colleges/tech schools offer this diploma program, (from 2 to 4 semesters) and as of today, the school I attended was Moraine Park Technical College in West Bend,Wisconsin, which offers their MT program Entirely ON-LINE - (available for anyone to take!) This is NOT TO BE CONFUSED, however, with the fly-by-night home study courses that promise you 40K a year while typing from home with a baby in you lap. You will NEED a great instructor who can be there for questions, etc. And the in-house time you spend will be WELL WORTH the pay differential. 

Once you land a job, working in the medical field offers tremendous benefits! I would steer clear of starting your "own business" as the tax issues alone make child-rearing look easy! Unless you are a big numbers person and financially astute, I'd leave that headache alone! (Been there - done that!)

Anyway, I would be more than happy to field any questions I can answer, just e-mail me here. I am thoroughly addicted to this site and visit often )albeit usually very late or very early!

Hope this offer some insight into on "Work from Home" opportunity that doesn't involve selling something.

Cheers!

Sally (Mommyx9)

Lacey_Momof3
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 4:18 PM

Hi I am Lacey! I also work from home in my office. I have 3 children under 5. It can be a challenge when you're on the phone and they need your attention, but its not too bad, I am  glad I can be home with them.

ncmommyof3
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 4:20 PM
Hi I'm Anglia from NC I have three kids ages 9,2, and 1  I do work from home also I have three different jobs I do, I've tried sales but I'm not real good at it lol. If you ever feel like chatting I'm always around.
rowdymama
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 11:36 PM
Hi, Shae.  I'm new here, too, but I work from home and have 3 girls, 14, 11, 5.  I've pretty much worked at home since the first was born and I can't imagine having to work outside the home at this point.  I don't want to have to worry about baby-sitting.  I do Court Reporting and also have done Medical Transcription at home.  I love being able to be with my kids if they are sick and I've always been able to go on field trips and to all their parties.  It's great!
veronicademing
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 11:45 PM
Hi, I'm Veronica and have a two year old and one on the way.. I don't work at home, but am desperately looking for something.. I just thought that I would say hi even though I don't work from home.. Well have a great nite..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)