Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't k.n.o.w what to d.o!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:17 PM
  • 7 Replies

So tonight our bathtub drain cover got flushed down the toliet. It's pretty big and I don't even know how it managed to even flush. Now our toilet is clogged and I have no idea how to get it out??? Anyone know??? I really don't want to have to take the toliet apart .... not that I even know how :-/ 

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
VJennyLynnS
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:19 PM

have you tried using the plunger to try to make some suction and try to get it out that way. that's the only thing i can think of.. i don't know how to take a toilet apart either sorry.

pricelesslove24
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:25 PM

try a wire coat hanger. take it apart and use the curved end and put it in the toilet it may take a few tries but i hope you get it

If your looking for support on your weight loss journey please feel free to stop by and join my group http://www.cafemom.com/group/survive09
Mommy2LPK
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:25 PM

yup. nothing. lol I think its really down there!!!  

starleigh21
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Gotta take the pipes apart and find the cover, actually, you might have to take the whole toilet from the floor. One of the kids flushed a tooth brush down once, and dad had to take the whole toilet off the floor, lol PAIN IN THE BUTT! 

my3wormies
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:29 PM

oh my gosh..this happend to me a while back my 2 yr old threw my make up cover for my lip gloss it was i big plastic box lol i couldn't get it out dh was at work lol its funny now but at the moment its not ..oh and i tried everything nothing worked so when dh came home from work he had to take the toilet off the ground there's no way it would pass threw with the tubes..gl

ARE YOU A FAN OF J & K + 8?JOIN US @..

myspace.com/gosselinten

Disneymom1218
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:31 PM

my son once shoved a tennis ball into the toilet and I tried everything to get it out. i eventually had to take teh toilet up and push it out form the bottom.

her eis what you nee dto do.before you do anything you nee dto go and purchase a new wax ring. once taht is in teh home , flush teh toilet and right as the water gets to the bottom turn teh water off so it does not fill back up.

next use a cup to get the remaining water and dump it down teh sink

you will not be able to get all of the water with a cup so you will next nee dto use a sponge to soak up the water and ring out in the sink repeat until no water is left in the tank or the bowl.

after that you will see nuts in the bottom of teh tank . you need to losen them and unhook the water supply to the tank. remove teh tank form teh bowl. set in a safe area so it will not get broken.

then loosen teh nuts on the bottom of the bowl near your floor. once those are off you can then lift teh bowl and lay it in it's side. get something hard but flexible to push rom teh underside and push the plug thru the opening of teh bowl. after all is said and done you will nee dto scrape away teh wax ring and get as much as possible off of the toilet and the floor where it goes around the hole. once that is cleaned up place the ring around the hole. put the toilet back on there and press down to create a good seal with the ring. then work backwards form how you took it apart. put teh nuts back on teh bowl to attacth it to the floor

then reattatch the wtank and water line to the tank.

turn teh water back on and let it fill up and check for leaks. if no leaks then happy flushing if ther eare leaks turn teh water back off  empty teh tank yet again and redoo the nuts and gaskets until it no longer leaks.

good luck momma

jothra
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Try getting a toilet snake thing. My sis and I flushed a tube of toothpaste. My dad had to go to the hardware store and get one. Basically, it's a long tube that has an even longer thingy in it that goes down and has a grabby thing at the end. The toothpaste tube finally came out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)