• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm in love! With update!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:26 PM
  • 12 Replies

With our brand new wireless, invisible, pet fence!!!! puppy

We have a very energetic doggie who loves to RUN, run, RUN.  We have a fenced in backyard, but sometimes he escapes out to the front yard and he's gone.  Last weekend was the last straw, as I'm driving around at night, going 5 miles per hour with a flashlight trying to find my black doggie.

So, we bought it, set it up today, and he only had to get zapped twice before he learned!  He's now roaming around the front yard happy as a clam, but being VERY careful not to cross the invisible line.  I LOVE this product!!!!  And, it's wireless, so we didn't have to dig anywhere or put down cables.  Yeah me! :)

Update:  Well, the system provides a warning beep before the shock - and this morning we were watching a logging competition on TV (yeah, I know - we're so wild, lol!) and whenever an event would start they would signal it by a beep-beep-beep...apparently, it's close to the same beep from the pet fence and he freezes with his tail down!  LOL - SO FUNNY! but we had to change the channel...

Here's our little runner...

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyRivera
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:27 PM

What a BEAUTIFUL dog! 

*Ashlee* Mommy to Dallas, Gabriel, and my Peanut on the way!

Keirasmommy22
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:28 PM

OMG that is a gorgeous dog! aww I want to trade my dog in on a dog like yours lol

duckdans.gif picture by crazyazzbamagirlhappiness-1.jpg Happiness image by JamaicaQueen22Carrie38.gif by Carrie image by SigShowBlinkies

SweetieCoastie.gif picture by crazyazzbamagirl
thdaughter.gif love image by m_a_babygirl 

Sarahb21
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:30 PM

I love those things! We don't have one yet, but when we get a house again its our plan to get one. A friend of ours has one and I love how much freedom the dogs have with it. Your dog is super gorgeous by the way!

cmb121906
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:34 PM

You better buy an alarm next b/c I'm coming to steal your dog LOL!! j/k!! What kind of dog is it, its so damn cute

Come join my anything goes type of group  http://www.cafemom.com/group/46317/

hickory
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:36 PM

LOL - you'd have a fight on your hands - he's small but mighty :) LOL

He's a Shiba Inu - Thanks! :)

Quoting cmb121906:

You better buy an alarm next b/c I'm coming to steal your dog LOL!! j/k!! What kind of dog is it, its so damn cute

cmb121906
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Quoting hickory:

Quoting cmb121906:

Awwww, are they native to Alaska or something to do with Eskimos? The name just makes me think of that. Oh and how much did the fence cost. I found some for around $600

Come join my anything goes type of group  http://www.cafemom.com/group/46317/

j_m_cole46366
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:41 PM

We have one also. Our dogs love to run. They keep running into the neighbors yard so we had to get one. The only thing that sucks the batteries cost a pretty penny. We need to go buy one again. And hopefully your dog doesnt realize when the power goes out. Becuase we lost power for a few days and guess what.......Apollo found out. LOL.

hickory
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:34 PM

We got ours for $280 :)

Quoting cmb121906:

Quoting hickory:

Quoting cmb121906:

Awwww, are they native to Alaska or something to do with Eskimos? The name just makes me think of that. Oh and how much did the fence cost. I found some for around $600

hickory
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 8:46 AM

bump for update in OP.

Acid
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Shiba Inu's are one of the six dogs that are native breeds to Japan.  Akita, Hokkaido, Kai, Kishu and the Shikoku are the other five.

The Shiba is the smallest of the six breeds.  They were used to flush birds so they have to be quick and agile.  Hence the running.  They love their people despite the rather independant nature they posses.

They require lots of excercise and will run or dig if they are bored.

Only when the last tree has been cut down,
Only when the last river has been poisoned,
Only when the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.

— Cree Indian Prophecy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)