Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

chocolate?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:31 PM
  • 7 Replies

my 9 month old and I cant seem to find the info anywhere on when he can have chocolate. does anyone know? Im not one of those moms that lets her kids eat junk food all the time. but I dont mind  them having desert or a treat everyone once in a while. so I wanted to know when he could join his brothers in the enjoyment of chocolate. Help,

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DragOnFlyMoma
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:32 PM
I don't know when they are allowed chocolate, but I have given my 9 mo old some chocolate already. She did fine with it.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog. Piss on it and walk away.
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
copperswifey
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I don't think a little bit will hurt them at that age. I  gave my daughter little bites  of stuff like that at that age and like you said it's not all the time. She is now 17 months and a veggie junkie so I don't think it affected her in the bad way lol =)  

iamcrystal26
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I didnt realize that there was an age for chocolate.

Dragons_pixie
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 3:23 AM

you can give it to them untill a sertain age because of a high risk of alergic reactions ect

Quoting iamcrystal26:

I didnt realize that there was an age for chocolate.

mommywillU
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 4:17 AM

I would wait until at least 12 months. He could develop an allergy to it if you try to give him some before then. 12 months I think is a good rule of thumb for most food allergies. Unless it's peanut butter and the peds say to wait until they're two for that.

trist22
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 4:28 AM

I waited until 12 months as well..

Quoting mommywillU:

I would wait until at least 12 months. He could develop an allergy to it if you try to give him some before then. 12 months I think is a good rule of thumb for most food allergies. Unless it's peanut butter and the peds say to wait until they're two for that.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2009 at 6:38 AM

I dont think it would hurt if you gave a small part of a hersheys milk chocolate bar but the rest are sketchy since they may contain nuts or other things for him to choke on.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)