• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daycare Advice Please!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:37 PM
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: Which Daycare Option would you choose (read post)

Options:

Daycare Option 1

Daycare Option 2

Daycare Option 3

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

Ok so here is my issue. My DS is about 11 months old and since I went back to work 9 months ago my sister has watched him saturday, wednesday all day and tuesday for about 2 hrs.

Well she just got a job m-f and she cant watch my DS anymore. I am faced with 3 options as to his daycare tues and wed. My sister is still going to watch him saturdays still.

DAYCARE OPTION 1:

A friend of mine from work is an experienced nanny. She is willing to watch him at my apt. tuesdays and wednesdays. I am going to pay her 9/hr to do it. So about 100 dollars a week. I like this option because my son will always be a 5 minute drive from me if anything happens. The girl has stellar references, and she has a vehicle so if anything happens, she can drive him to me and she can take over my shift at work if its that serious.

DAYCARE OPTION 2:

My sisters close friend's mother runs a daycare (my sister vouches for the facility 100% but I have never been there.) They charge 80/week for part time and 110 for fulltime care. She is licenced and all that jazz. It's 15 minutes from my apt and 3 blocks from my mothers house. I have never met the daycare provider but I know her daughter well and her practice has been running for over ten years. Although she is losing custom lately. If anything went wrong, my mother, sister and father work 5-10 minutes away and my brother is always at my parents house. 

DAYCARE OPTION 3:

My DH's friend from work has a baby around my sons age and has him in a daycare in Placerville (30 minute drive away from me in GOOD traffic) which charges 35/day. I don't know this lady or the daycare provider. And it seems cumbersome to drive 30-45 min each way for daycare. The friend of my DH reccomends the facility HIGHLY.

Please vote and tell me which you would use if it was your child? I am still going to rigerously interview all three avenues, I am just looking for CM input.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:43 PM

bump

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:36 PM

bump

the1youluv2hate
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:39 PM

$100 a week is crazy to me. I paid $100 a week for 2 kids 45+ hours a week in my home! But if those are you options I guess I would pick #1 because it's at your house and a friend. But  I think that is a lot to pay!

heartstolen08
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:39 PM

I say the 1st one althoug the 2nd sounds good too. I like that fact that the 1st one is close to you and your friend can take over your shift if need be. You are lucky you have some good choices.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)