Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many weeks should you be for a 4D ultrasound?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:58 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am planning on getting a 4D ultrasound and the website says you must be 24 weeks pregnant.  I also heard from a friend that it is better to wait until your 30 weeks because the picture shows better.  I'm 24 weeks pregnant now and was wondering if I should go and get it done now or wait longer until I'm closer to 30 weeks.  Will it make that much of a difference?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mamato2grls
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:05 PM

I think it depends on what your purpose is...if you want to find  out gender as early as possible you can go at 15 weeks (thats what im doing) if you want cute facial shots with chubby cheeks its best after about 26 weeks...however IMO and this is just personal I dont like the way it looks after about 32 weeks...its kind of destored to me

Kays_Mama06
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:06 PM

I got my first one done at 18 weeks. That was the minimum at the office in Augusta, GA where my sil was stationed at.

Then once I was marked HR I would get them more often.

But to get them willingly, I believe you could try at 28 weeks. I think it depends on the preference of the office. Between 24 and 30 there's a BIG difference. I like 28 because they still have room to move and dont look so stuck in one position.  

amanda357
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:07 PM

I already know the sex, I just want cute pics of her face. 

Quoting mamato2grls:

I think it depends on what your purpose is...if you want to find  out gender as early as possible you can go at 15 weeks (thats what im doing) if you want cute facial shots with chubby cheeks its best after about 26 weeks...however IMO and this is just personal I dont like the way it looks after about 32 weeks...its kind of destored to me

oboe_chik
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:07 PM

I don't know if I had a 4D or a 3D (don't really know the difference) but they did it at my last ultra sound and they didn't get really good pics because he was a big baby (9lb 1oz when he was born) so I only got to see one side of his face because he was all crammed in there lol. I would go earlier.

GabesMomma824
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:09 PM
Where I work we recommend no later than 30 weeks...this is because after that time the baby becomes bigger, fluid is less and it's more difficult to see. I'd goo within the next couple of weeks. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)