Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you want to know if your DD/DS was...

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:21 PM
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: should I tell her mom?

Options:

yes I would want to know.

no it doesn't sound like mom cares.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 61

View Results

drinking alcohol? While my DD and I was at the mall I ran into a 13 y/o that I use to babysit when I was 13. She came stumbling out of a store and almost ran over me. I grabbed her just stop her from falling. She used the typical teenage excuse my friends was drinking and the smell just came on to me. I told her she didn't need to be drinking and all of that and she begged me not to tell her mom, I told her I wouldn't but I really feel like I need to. Her mom doesn't care though that's the thing about it, she buys it for her and another drug she may want. So should I call her mom and tell her what I saw or just let it go?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tiffatoe
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:23 PM

I as a mother would want to know, but her mother sounds like she may just get mad at you for telling...hope not, but that's how it sounds :(

Kays_Mama06
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:25 PM

There's a difference between a mom wanting to know and a mom already knowing and not giving a shit.

What's the use in telling her mother? She'll "discipline" her for a good 30 minutes and then let her do as she pleases? If you think this is what it'll turn out to be, I would leave it be.

I would tell a parent if I knew they'd give a shit.  

Keirasmommy22
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:25 PM

OMG I would want to know. I swear some people should not be parents!

duckdans.gif picture by crazyazzbamagirlhappiness-1.jpg Happiness image by JamaicaQueen22Carrie38.gif by Carrie image by SigShowBlinkies

SweetieCoastie.gif picture by crazyazzbamagirl
thdaughter.gif love image by m_a_babygirl 

HeatherMae55
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Oh heck yes!!  How dumb of her to drink alcohol..

I don't wanna hear that crap that she was just being a kid.. when I was a kid I was smart enough not to drink alcohol, not because it was illegal, but because it makes you more vulnerable to those around you and you can't always trust your 'friends'

And maybe call CPS if the Mom doesn't want to do anything about it..

Hopefully that girl will get handled so she'll straighten out.

coexist.jpg coexist image by lupelagata

Sirenabella
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:27 PM

I would want to know. If you know her mom already knows and doesn't care, enables her even, is there really a point?

myboy28
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:30 PM

"Personally, I would want to know". Now, the mother you have stated purchases for the child, well, in my book where I was raised, the mother would have the children taken away, and put into another families care, or foster care, you are helping to save a very impreshionable aged young girl, that without your help, she could end up on the streets pregnant, in prison, later in life, so, I would be contacting someone, and it wouldn't be her mother,since she has taken the approach to make these purchases for a "MINOR CHILD".....

slap

barabra
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:34 PM

TO BE HONEST WITH YOU HER MOM PROBALLY HAS A CLUE AND COULD BE IN DENIAL OR SOMETHING BEING THE MOM OF A TEEN IM NOT STUPID I HAVE TO REMIND MINE OF THAT OFTEN, I AM JUST SAYING THAT IF SHE DONT ALREADY KNOW SHE WILL SEE SIGNS AND WHETHER SHE IGNORES EM OR DOESNT IS AN IMPORTANT THING, I JUST DONT THINK ITS COOL TO BE THE BEARER OF BAD NEWS..NOT TRYING TO BE SHI**Y, BUT SINCE YOU SEEN IT FIRST HAND THEN U CAN HONESTLY TELL THE MOM, I WONDER HOW SHE WILL REACT? U R NOT REALLY LETTING IT GO U ARE AWARE KEEP YOUR KIDS AWAY FROM THE CROWD SHE RUNS WITH?ALCOHOL IS VERY BAD ADDICTION

Kassie09
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:43 PM

If someone knew my daughters were drinking,and they weren't supposed to be...I would want to be told immediately!

Proudmomof32009
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:46 PM

I would most definitely want to know.

Joanna_M
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Her mom must care at least a little or she wouldn't have begged you not to tell. I'd let the mother know because otherwise there is no chance that the kid will stop. At least this way you're doing what you can.

baby development

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)