• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babys at the movies?!?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:40 PM
  • 76 Replies

Wow.. I just went and saw Friday the 13th.. and a couple brought a like 2-4 month old baby and they were sitting 2 rows infront of the screen. Holy crap.. I mean it was so loud! Do you think that this is ok? I sure as hell don't.

-Gina

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ajanee12
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:42 PM

no way.  lol. i would be wayyyy to worried about my babies ears.. i put earplugs in kains on fourth of july last year when he was 10 months old 

amy_l
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:43 PM

we took both of our kids when they were babies so i see no problem with it but thats just me. now we don't

Photobucket thanks to one of the moms who made this for me and my kids
jennymitchell

My husband and I took our DS to see X3:X-men United when he was about 3 months old.  He was EBF, wouldn't take a bottle and we hadn't been out in almost 6 months.  We sat in the back in a corner, though, so I could feed him.  He slept the whole time.

ilovetracilynn

poor babies ears.......... 

Butterfly07Mama

they should have not brought that baby with them, that young and that close could have hurt the babies ears.not to mention they should just know better cause if the baby gets upset or something its gonna cry and disturb everyone else that was just stupid of them 

Kays_Mama06

The first time I took my son to the movies he was about 6-7 months old. He was very good.

The second time was when Dark Knight came out so he was 1 1/2 or so. Never again. lol.

I don't mind babies at the movies. Im no one to tell a parent they can't if that's the only way they can get out.  

Joanna_M
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:44 PM

No, I hate that. I remember when we went to King Kong there was a family in the back with a newborn who was just fussing the whole time. This was a really long movie so there was no way that poor baby would just sit quietly the whole time, finally someone else got mad and went to tell the manager and they left.

I just think its rude, I can see maybe if its a kiddy movie, but otherwise get a sitter or don't come. If I wanted to not be able to hear the movie I'd watch it at home with my own baby.

baby development

mamamissy316
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Not only is it a bad idea because of the baby's little ears, but also that's really rude.  I'm sorry, but everyone else in that theater paid good money to watch that movie, not to listen to a baby cry.

mudgirl
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:45 PM

the movie was so loud? i think its worse when people bring a baby to a "not kid" movie and it cries so all the people that got babysitters cant hear the movie.

charmed_423
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:46 PM

i dont see a problem at all...calm down people its okay

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)