• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 year old twins and a new baby on the way...

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:07 PM
  • 3 Replies

My hubby and i just found out we are expecting again(only 1 lol) and are concerned how the twins are going to take to the new change.  I know its several months away til the new arrival but would like to get them used to the idea of a new sibling.  Our ds is autistic is not very good with change, and that really worrys me.I think with his sis its not going to be as challenging because she understands some things better then he does.Ive been letting them touch my belly, and telling them that they have a new baby bro or sis in there ..Hannah shes all excited but I dont think she understands, according to her im having a kitty cat lol.  With Michael he just looks at me like im nuts or something lol...thanks for any advice you can give me it will be appreciated..momoftwns becky

LOVING WIFE TO MIKE FOR 5 YEARS, AND SAHM TO MICHAEL AND  HANNAH.  WE SUPPORT OUR DS WHO HAS AUTISM AND WILL DO ANYTHING TO HELP HIM GET  THROUGH IT.  BOTH CHILDREN ARE THE LIGHT OF OUR LIVES AND WE DONT KNOW WHAT WE WOULD DO WITHOUT THEM!!!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
sweetness4u2day
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:10 PM

I hope all goes well for you.  As your tummy grows I think they will understand more.  Perhaps you know someone with a baby that you can bring them around to help them understand that your family is getting one of them. LOL

momoftwns
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Quoting sweetness4u2day:

I hope all goes well for you.  As your tummy grows I think they will understand more.  Perhaps you know someone with a baby that you can bring them around to help them understand that your family is getting one of them. LOL

My SIL is actually due next month to have a baby boy!  I too was thinking since theres going to be a new baby in the family soon it will help them to understand better.  Believe it or not Im only 2mnts and look about 4 lol, my doc said my uterus is stretched out bc of the twins and I had a miscarriage in June so I still have some of the baby plump from that lol.

LOVING WIFE TO MIKE FOR 5 YEARS, AND SAHM TO MICHAEL AND  HANNAH.  WE SUPPORT OUR DS WHO HAS AUTISM AND WILL DO ANYTHING TO HELP HIM GET  THROUGH IT.  BOTH CHILDREN ARE THE LIGHT OF OUR LIVES AND WE DONT KNOW WHAT WE WOULD DO WITHOUT THEM!!!

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Feb. 14, 2009 at 11:29 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Autism Related Groups

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
< Cafe GroupAdmin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)