Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much do you spend at the store?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:10 PM
  • 18 Replies

I just got back from the store where I shopped for the rest of the month.... so 2 weeks worth of groceries.... and it came to $263 for the 4 of us. That did not include diapers but did include wipes, Stage 2's for Molly, Formula for Molly, a Pediasure a day for Liam (NOT cheap), wash soap, and shampoo. Everything else was a food item... and nothing fancy (our menu includes split pea soup, mac n cheese, shepards pie, burgers, and so on....)

Does this seem high to you? What do you spend?

my-heart-belongs-to3

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tfmmpmmdmmom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:14 PM

We spend $100 every two weeks for the 5 of us and the cat including diapers for my twins.

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:28 PM

WOW... that is awesome. I guess I spend WAY too much somehow. We don't eat fancy or anything...

Quoting tfmmpmmdmmom:

We spend $100 every two weeks for the 5 of us and the cat including diapers for my twins.

my-heart-belongs-to3

MaddiesMaMa418
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:30 PM

I've managed to get our grocery bill to $140 or so for food and under $60 for dipes and personal items every two weeks. That's minus impulse buys and "oops, we're out!" items.

depsiua
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:30 PM

I'd have to ask my husband, he's the grocery shopper in our family.  Mostly because he's totally anal and has to go to three different stores every week to get the best deals.  I just buy what I want.  :)

Dawn4175
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Sounds fair to me.  I could easily spent 200 plus on my family of four for two weeks worth of groceries and I don't need diapers or formula anymore. 

KITTYCAT1
by Meow on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:34 PM

I spend about $250 a week for 4 people. That's just food, no toiletries, diapers (my kids are 6 & 8), etc. $263 for 2 weeks sounds pretty good to me.  

Mommy_to_CTN
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:34 PM

I spent $205 today and that will last us about a week, food-wise.  Lately, it's been $160-$200 a week.  One week it will be lower, the next higher, as we run out of non-food items.  I will probably run out of diapers before next week, but I just couldn't bring myself to get them.  There are 5 of us.

Tired of bashers and locked posts in your debates?  Join us in Civil Debates, a group where posts won't get locked; the basher will simply be removed!  Come discuss any topic at http://www.cafemom.com/group/civildebates

This is a young group and we need a lot more mommas to join to make it a great place to debate like adults

breastfeeding Noelle   playing soccer girl Caitlin  blowing bubblesTaylor   

Mommy_to_CTN
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:35 PM

OMG, how do you do it?  That's $50/week!!

Quoting tfmmpmmdmmom:

Tired of bashers and locked posts in your debates?  Join us in Civil Debates, a group where posts won't get locked; the basher will simply be removed!  Come discuss any topic at http://www.cafemom.com/group/civildebates

This is a young group and we need a lot more mommas to join to make it a great place to debate like adults

breastfeeding Noelle   playing soccer girl Caitlin  blowing bubblesTaylor   

aidansmommy529
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:35 PM

what store do u shop at??? I love aldi and save a lot, but i always end up spending more at stores like kroger because i like gourmey type stuff

jjmamma
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Wow !  What do you eat ??? I can't even do $100 a WEEK !! There is 4 of us (plus the cat).  We don't have any stores here that double coupons or anything :(  We spend approx $150 a week and we do eat pretty good but not great, we might see steak only  once a month or so. I'll take
ANY pointers you have, we need to cut back on things.

Quoting tfmmpmmdmmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)