Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GED question/ please answer or bump

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:35 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have a quick question here for those of you who have a GED.

Is it true when you go to take your GED, You should not try to answer the questions you know you are going to get wrong? So many people I know who have their GED, have told me " If you don't know an answer on your GED test just skip it, they don't count the un-answered question." I  don't know if this is true or false. It does not make any sense to me but I don't want to be wrong and go in there and answer the questions that I don't know only to have it count against my grade if it could have been avoided. Please tell me what you know, and if it is possible tell the year you took the GED. Just because I know the test have changed and some of you who have taken the test have taken it before the change. Thank you.  Please answer or bump

Oh, just to get this out of the way- I know its multiple choice,Lol. When I talk to people about the GED they always tell me, you don't have anything to worry about its multiple choice,Lol.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elvir2babes
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:36 PM

bump

Divorced, Separated, Single or Widowed Moms! Check out this awesome group!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/ConfidentSingleMoms

brennajoy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:37 PM

bump

MidnightKarma
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:39 PM

you should at least try to guess

if you leave them unanswered it is an automatic wrong and yes it does count against your grade, who ever told you that it is not is an idiot

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:40 PM

bump BTW that can't be true, otherwise people would leave loads of blank answers.

elvir2babes
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:41 PM

bump

Divorced, Separated, Single or Widowed Moms! Check out this awesome group!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/ConfidentSingleMoms

megan.meza
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:42 PM

they do count it wrong, but it might be differnt in every state, because i just took mine, and they said any unanswered ones will be marked wrong

MaddiesMaMa418
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Quoting elvir2babes:

bump

For Tison Born 5/23/08- 7 weeks early.

GoVolmama
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:44 PM

My mom gives the test and she said that it is not true. She said that it is counted as a missed answer.  It is graded in three parts, correct answers wrong and missed answers. She said that she tells all her people taking the test to guess at the answer you have a 25% chance of getting it wrong, better than no credit. She also said that she will ask her main supervisor who is over all the testing in our area and let me know for absolute certain. She will know by monday, if you are interested just pm me and I will get you the info. 

megan.meza
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:44 PM

every state does it differnt, i know when i took mine they were really strick and actually the ged is not that easy

jaysmommy04
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Thats what I thought. I just wanted to make sure I was not wrong, or if anyone else had heard that. It did not make sense to me either. I don't know why people would tell me that. Thats the confusing part. I don't think they would tell me that so I would fail. IDK?

Quoting Apr1l:

bump BTW that can't be true, otherwise people would leave loads of blank answers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)