Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1mo. old having trouble breathing.

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:38 PM
  • 5 Replies

My DD is  almost a month old. She has had trouble with her breathing since she was bron. It seems to have to do with her nose. When she tries to sleep with her mouth closed she has trouble breathing. She sometimes has trouble drinking her bottle because of it. She snorts and snores too. I am going to ask her Dr. when I take her back next week I just thought I would see if anyone had any idea what this maybe. It's as if her nose is clogged but I keep it cleaned. Thanks

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kelsmomma123
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:41 PM

Does she spit up alot or have milk come out of her nose. My son did that also and i took him in to the doctor all the time because i though he was sick all the time with a stuffy nose and all it took a few doctors visits before they realized he had really bad acid reflux and it was coming up his nose so maybe that is what it is u might want them to see if it is that. My son also has asthma that played a little bitty part in it also so just some things u might want to ask about.

elvir2babes
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:41 PM

hugs

Divorced, Separated, Single or Widowed Moms! Check out this awesome group!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/ConfidentSingleMoms

virgosuperstar
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:42 PM

it could be the way she is laying while sleeping and eating...try to hold her up halfway while eating and another thing i did, if your DD is in a crib???I put a phone book under the mattress to elevate the mattress a little for mine...my DD had the same problem, it was an issue with the ear,nose n throat, she had too much mucus and since all 3 are connected it gets a little clogged...i would take her to the peds as soon as you can b/c your child is so young and and see what they can do...but it sounds like fluid or really thick mucus...good luck!!

babysmama03
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:43 PM

thats what i was thinking acid reflex that or her adnoids are to big and they need to be removed good luck

Quoting Kelsmomma123:

Does she spit up alot or have milk come out of her nose. My son did that also and i took him in to the doctor all the time because i though he was sick all the time with a stuffy nose and all it took a few doctors visits before they realized he had really bad acid reflux and it was coming up his nose so maybe that is what it is u might want them to see if it is that. My son also has asthma that played a little bitty part in it also so just some things u might want to ask about.

pregnancy due date
jothra
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Mine had bad reflux too. We did saline drops and lots of sucking. Got the formula changed and he was much better.

Have you tried raising the crib mattress? I put a pillow under the head of the matress and it was enough to raise his head just enough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)