Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dream Job

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:52 PM
  • 19 Replies

So I think this would be fun post to know what every one's dream job was, is?? And are you doing it?? Did it change once having a kid??

Mine was to be a nurse, but since have my DD, I want to open a wonderful daycare/preschool that a mom can afford and it be a top center. And also have a photo job on the side.   

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kays_Mama06
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:58 PM

I never really had a dream job.. I was always too busy focusing on having fun and living in the moment through my young life..

Now? Since I am a hospitality major I would LOVE to be a upper level manager within a hotel or resort. It'll take me a few years, but it will happen. = ) 

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:59 PM

My dream job was to be a teacher, and I am. Is the profession everything I imagined, NO. lol  It's VERY stressful and frustrating at times. I still enjoy my work, and don't have any regrets.

Being a parent has made the stress of the job harder, for I want to dedicate time to my class, but also have time for my child.  I am sure that goes for ANY working mother.

Kairi snowgirl

blazenangel5
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:00 PM

I always wanted to be a journalist for an entertainment/music magazine!! when i was real young.

Now that i am a mother, i just want to go back to school and get a career..something in law would be likeable!

mudgirl
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:01 PM

my dream job was to be an artist but then i realized you dont get paid for that so now im an artist but i work in a frame store so i can get paid to make other peoples art look good too.

CallieLynsMommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:02 PM

My dream job is to be a Historical Intrepreter at Colonial Williamsburg in VA. :)

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Mahatma Gandhi
CariO.
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:03 PM

I worked in banking for 15 years, but now that I'm 40 and a SAHM, I finally have my DREAM JOB!  :-) 

simple smile

thurbese
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:04 PM

When I was young my dream was to be an actress and a fashion designer. Obviously that changed when I had kids. Now I'm going to school to be a nurse. Not something I want but it's something that will have good pay so I can give my kids a good life.

hollinicole
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Quoting CariO.:

I worked in banking for 15 years, but now that I'm 40 and a SAHM, I finally have my DREAM JOB!  :-) 

simple smile

Thats the best job of all!!

hollinicole
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Quoting thurbese:

When I was young my dream was to be an actress and a fashion designer. Obviously that changed when I had kids. Now I'm going to school to be a nurse. Not something I want but it's something that will have good pay so I can give my kids a good life.

I know what you mean, am also still going to school for nursing, maybe one day I will be able to have my new dream job, lol

CariO.
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:06 PM

You've got that right.  Well it's 8 p.m. here in California, so I'm off to read bedtime stories to our girls.  :-)

Quoting hollinicole:

Quoting CariO.:

simple smile

Thats the best job of all!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)