Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

really frustrated!!!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:54 PM
  • 4 Replies

ok, so, I have a three month old little boy and he is the light of my husband and I's life! Well, my mom always wants to keep him so we have been letting her watch him while we go out to dinner or so that we can clean the house without worrying about him and other little things like that. I know she loves him and wants the best for him, but, she just can't seem to keep him on my schedule or do things the way we do with him!

For instance. She wanted him to spend the night at her house tonight and I said he could go over there for a few hours while DH and I had a nice valentines day dinner but that I wasn't ready for him to sleep away from me all night long. So she was ok with that. When I brought him I gave her his schedule. He needed to eat his rice cereal at 7:30 and she needed to fix a bottle for him to wash it down if he needed and then once he finished his rice cereal he could have the rest of his bottle. Well, when we went to pick him up she told me that he didn't want the bottle so I assumed that she fixed it and tried to give it to him and that he only drank a few sips and fell asleep so I said no biggy. Well, when I got home and unpacked his diaper bag, I found the full bottle of juice that I had fixed for her to mix his rice cereal with. Then I noticed that the bottle of water that I prepared for her to fix his bottle was almost empty but it was still just water. So, I called her to ask her what she used to fix his rice cereal and had she even prepared his bottle of formula. She said that she used the juice to fix his cereal and that she did not even fix his bottle.

So, what she did was give him his rice cereal mixed with water and didn't even give him any formula at all! I am so agravated right now. I know your not supposed to give babies water like that, and I know she did that accidentally but if she had fixed the bottle like i told her to she would have realized that the first bottle she grabbed was the water and not the juice!  And she wonders why I'm not ready for her to keep him all night long!

I just don't know how to confront her, I basically just told her that I really wish she had stuck to what I told her instead of doing what she thought was the right thing. I let her know that I undertand that grandmas want to spoil but at 3 months old, I think it is extremely important to listen to my babies doctor and follow the rules that he sets as far as my babies nutrition goes! Once he is eating table food and can have some sweets every once in a while it will be a whole different story but right now I don't want to do anything that will make him sick.he is just too little right now to be playing with his feeding schedule like that!

I feel a little better now that I have vented and cried a little bit. I'm just nervous about all the water that she just gave him with the rice cereal she used 4 oz  of water to mix the 2 1/2 tbl  spoons of cereal. Can that hurt him? will that affect his tummy any? I'm a nervous wreck right now!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mom21SleepyBoy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:04 PM

bump

GoVolmama
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:08 PM

He will be ok. just keep an eye on him. Just let mom know that if she doesn't follow the schedule that he won't be staying. Everything will be fine hang in there. Give it a few more months and you won't be a nervous wreak any more. lol. 

momgirlsx2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:21 PM

He'll be fine. But he's gonna have one VERY wet diaper shortly!!!!!!!!!

Proud mom of 2 girls.
mom21SleepyBoy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:32 PM

thanks ladies. He seems to be fine, I am just pretty heavily annoyed with my mother! I just never thought that I would have to worry about my son when he is with my mom! It's supposed to be the inlaws that are the ones that want to do things their way and not mine...lol! But, my inlaws are FABULOUS!!! They kept him once so I could go to the doctor (I had a massive kidney stone) and they did an amazing job with him! My MIL Kept him on my exact schedule and actually wrote down everything I told her before I left them that day! I just wish my mother was like that also!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)