• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to setup a website

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:55 PM
  • 4 Replies

I was wondering if anyone knew how to set up a website for a home business at no charge.  I have heard there is a way to do this.  However I don't know how to go about doing it.

I thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

In His service,

Brenda

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Frugalista
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:04 PM

BUMP

jaxTheMom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Well, there's plenty of sites that you can set up a free website on, but 1.  It's going to be chock full of ads, and 2.  you need to learn how to build a website.  To get an ad-free website, you have to pay.  Could be $20 bucks a month or more.

You need to do a little research.  HTML and XML (the languages that simple websites are built on) are very easy to learn and there's lots of free tutorials online.  It's really not hard, you just need to make the time to google it and learn.

If you are trying to sell things, you want a really nice looking website.  You can have it done for a price and it will look right, or you can knuckle down and learn how to do it.

Ajanee12
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:09 PM

you could use dreamweaver,, or code it yourself in any kind of program and upload it to a server..  

BunnyJean
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 3:42 AM

I own and manage two websites. I use PappaShop as my server. They also supply website templates at a very reasonable price. I pay 12.95 a mo. They have a good support staff and I have only good things to say about them.

Take a look at my sites to see an example of what they can offer. There is a link to them on my site.

Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)