Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wettin the bed??? Need advice

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:57 PM
  • 39 Replies

Of course i'm not wetting the bed. My 6 yr old wets his bed mostly everynight. I make him go to the bathroom before bed everynight and he still wets his bed. I dont know what to do. I dont want to put diapers on him cuz I see the reaction he gets when i even mention diapers. I dontknow if this is a problem that I have to take him to the doctors.. My parents tell me theres something wrong with him but I guess I dont want to believe. Is it normal? Is there something wrong with him?

What do you think?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Root213
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:59 PM

limit the amount of liquids he;s having after dinner time.... and make sure he's going before bed......

good luck

Laceymom08
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:59 PM

try not to give him anything to drink at least an hour before bed, and make sure he goes before he does go to bed. If that doesn't work ask his Pedi. hope this helps.

workin_mamma
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:00 PM

if he doesnt like the idea of diapers put one on him one night just to prove to him that if he keeps wetting the bed he will have to wear them. but i have heard of bladder problems so if he still wets his bed after like a week of diapers then i would talk to his doc. good luck :)

CarterMommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:00 PM

some people just wet the bed for along time... my mommy was a bed wetter and my husband said he wet the bed until he was like 10 lol

my 4 year old does really good and then starts peeing everynight and it has made us insane so we bought some of those good night pull up things for older kids. i just can't stand washing his sheets every flippin' day

i would bring it up to the dr though ... i'm not sure if they can do anything but may as well ask

good luck

Stacie-Kim
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:01 PM

mine is 4 and still does it . it helps if I limit his liquids at night ..  I always thought in boys their bladder can not develop sometimes until 7 ..  they have goodnights that look like boxers.. i use them for my boy he climbs in my bed and I don't have a plastic matress... 

shooting photokissing dad      

psweet97
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:01 PM

You have to get him up in the middle of the night a couple of times to get him use to getting up... Also you need to cut him off of drinks they say 2-4 hours prior to bedtime.  It is hard because i have a ss who is almost 7 and still pees in the bed, but its because he drinks up until bed time... and then we fail at times to get him up at night to pee.  My daughter who is 3 stays dry when we get her up and if we cut her off around 6pm her bed time is 9 she doesn't pee at night but i will get her up one more time during the night to make sure she doesn't have to pee.  More or less everytime i get up they get up to go to the bathroom.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Christian, wife and mother. 

Stacie-Kim
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:02 PM

I wouldn't try to punish him for wetting the bed its already embarrasing.. I don't anyone would do it on purpose..

Quoting workin_mamma:

if he doesnt like the idea of diapers put one on him one night just to prove to him that if he keeps wetting the bed he will have to wear them. but i have heard of bladder problems so if he still wets his bed after like a week of diapers then i would talk to his doc. good luck :)

shooting photokissing dad      

cool_mama
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:02 PM

I limit his drinks every night. He doesnt have anything to drink after 7 and bedtime is at 830. .

blazenangel5
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:03 PM

My 7 year old daughter has this issue too. She pees every night. I just put a bedtime pullup on her and dont make a big deal out of it.SHe will stop when she can..if she becomes older ans still doing it then i may ask a doctor but rightnow i dont see the problem.She is asleep so there aint much i can do or she can do. she hates wearing a pull up but i tell her once she has a dry one for 2 nights then we will try underwear to bed again.

jaxTheMom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:04 PM

I agree - do not put him in baby diapers, he's too old.  Limit the fluids before bed, and just go ahead and accept that you need to set your alarm to whatever middle of the night time necessary to get him up and to the bathroom.  Some kids just sleep THAT hard that they haven't learned to wake up from the sensation.

And don't be afraid to mention it to the pediatrician at the next checkup; you sure want to make sure it's no kind of physical problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)