Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

grrrrrrrr

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:07 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have asked my son numerous times to do as he is told!! Yelling, time outs, what ever isnt working, I ahve been asking him for over an hour to get this done!!! And he is still here staring at me!! Please, any suggestions to get this kid to do as he is told. He has been a pain all day and not listening to me. I need nanny 911

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CarterMommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:13 PM

move here and send him to my house :) justin will take care of it for you! lol i dunno why but every kid he's ever met just listens to him 

jothra
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:16 PM

My DS refused to clean up 2 min worth of toys for 4 hours today. I refused to let him leave the area until he did. He finally did when I told him we was going to miss daddy coming home.

My DS is the same, yelling and time outs don't work. I just wait until he figured out it was more of a pain to not listen than to just do as he was told. My parents did that with me when I was in school. I didn't have to do my homework, but I couldn't get out of the chair either. If I wasted my whole evening sitting in the chair, that was my choice.

moorhead2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:16 PM

oh he listens to shaun just fine and his dad, but he doesnt take me seriously anymore. He makes faces at me when I try to reason with him, sticks his butt in there air when I tell him to do something. He is getting out of control all of a sudden. He is a very bright, sweet little boy, just a terror to me. Especially lately we have been having isues with his meds and I had to take him off them. So I have having the time of my life here. I am trying to be as calm as possible and try to understand. I can only take sooooooo much!!!

Besides, if I wsa a kid I would think Justin is intimidating, so I can see why kids listen to him!!

Quoting CarterMommy:

move here and send him to my house :) justin will take care of it for you! lol i dunno why but every kid he's ever met just listens to him 

allensavannahs
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:18 PM

pick you battles mom.... for what ever reason what he isnt doing makes perfect sense to his how ever old he is brain. and for what ever reason your the idiot... its an issue that plagues me still, and mine is 14...

remember action and reaction

pick up your toys, get a chocolate milk

now that he wants the chocolate milk he will pick them up, you might have to coax him and say ok now the bear in the toy box, ok now the cars etc .

do you always WANT to do what your SUPPOSE to do? them either....

baby due in march,my three year old

my teen my pirateand me!

I'm a Mother, Wife , Friend. Granddaughter, Neice, Aunt , Nerd, but most of all i'm ME.

CarterMommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Logan has been doing that to me a lot too. I spank  him and then tell him i'm going to call daddy - he'll usually shape up for a while... i have yet to figure out what to do to get him to listen to me the way he listens to daddy :( a while back i broke down and cried lol

he hasn't been cleaning up lately and every toy he leaves out gets taken away - i swear he's going to have no toys soon

Quoting moorhead2:

oh he listens to shaun just fine and his dad, but he doesnt take me seriously anymore. He makes faces at me when I try to reason with him, sticks his butt in there air when I tell him to do something. He is getting out of control all of a sudden. He is a very bright, sweet little boy, just a terror to me. Especially lately we have been having isues with his meds and I had to take him off them. So I have having the time of my life here. I am trying to be as calm as possible and try to understand. I can only take sooooooo much!!!

Besides, if I wsa a kid I would think Justin is intimidating, so I can see why kids listen to him!!

Quoting CarterMommy:

moorhead2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Quoting allensavannahs:

pick you battles mom.... for what ever reason what he isnt doing makes perfect sense to his how ever old he is brain. and for what ever reason your the idiot... its an issue that plagues me still, and mine is 14...

now that he wants the chocolate milk he will pick them up, you might have to coax him and say ok now the bear in the toy box, ok now the cars etc .

that makes a lot of sense!! Thanks!!

btw, I love your siggy that is too funny!!

moorhead2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:24 PM

BOYS!!! I swear. He use to be such a sweety... couldnt stand to be away from eme, and now..... he doesnt take me seriously, doesnt believe me. I hear on the crying, believe me I want to SOOOOOOOO many times. Between michael fussin cause he teeth hurt, or something not going right for him and Niko on super crazy mode. I am very suprised I have hair left!!!

I have taken every single toy out of his room as well as his bed, dresser, and curtains before and made him sleep on the floor one night and he had to earn it all back. I still think there are toys out there in the garage. I even put a box with writing on it saying FREE TOYS please take, right in front of his bedroom window and had him watch people take his toys one by one!! OMG that was torture to him

Quoting CarterMommy:

Logan has been doing that to me a lot too. I spank  him and then tell him i'm going to call daddy - he'll usually shape up for a while... i have yet to figure out what to do to get him to listen to me the way he listens to daddy :( a while back i broke down and cried lol

he hasn't been cleaning up lately and every toy he leaves out gets taken away - i swear he's going to have no toys soon

Quoting moorhead2:

Quoting CarterMommy:

UFauxGirl
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:48 PM

OK... you said that he doesn't take you seriously ANYMORE... that tells me that you are making idle threats (not following through)

Momma... you have to mean what you say and say what you mean....

If you make a threat (time out, spanking, taking toy or privilege away etc...) be prepared to DO IT!!!

Example.. when my son was very little.. I was taking him to Chucky Cheeses and he kept kicking the back of seat in the car ride there.. I asked him once to stop...then I asked him a second time and said" do not do it again..or we will go right back home"

He did it again..right in the parking lot of the pizza place and I turned the car around without saying a word..and we went home. He learned right then and there that I mean what I say.

I am speaking from experience... I have an 18 year old son and even NOW... I can start to count to three and he'll do what ever it is I ASKED (not told) him to do before I even get to #2

Just stay consistent momma!!

OH and rewarding them for things that are expected.. is not a good idea. They have to learn early that life is not going to give them a treat every time they do something that is just a part of daily life and responsibility.  ; )

Life Is Beautiful
allensavannahs
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 12:33 AM

Quoting moorhead2:

Quoting allensavannahs:

that makes a lot of sense!! Thanks!!

btw, I love your siggy that is too funny!!

thanks !

moorhead2
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Quoting UFauxGirl:

OK... you said that he doesn't take you seriously ANYMORE... that tells me that you are making idle threats (not following through)

Momma... you have to mean what you say and say what you mean....

If you make a threat (time out, spanking, taking toy or privilege away etc...) be prepared to DO IT!!!

Example.. when my son was very little.. I was taking him to Chucky Cheeses and he kept kicking the back of seat in the car ride there.. I asked him once to stop...then I asked him a second time and said" do not do it again..or we will go right back home"

He did it again..right in the parking lot of the pizza place and I turned the car around without saying a word..and we went home. He learned right then and there that I mean what I say.

I am speaking from experience... I have an 18 year old son and even NOW... I can start to count to three and he'll do what ever it is I ASKED (not told) him to do before I even get to #2

Just stay consistent momma!!

OH and rewarding them for things that are expected.. is not a good idea. They have to learn early that life is not going to give them a treat every time they do something that is just a part of daily life and responsibility.  ; )

makes perfect sense. I do that constantly, I do pick my battles at times. I do follow through with a lot of things, but I also make a lot of empty threats!! Something I do need to work on. At the same time I also trying to be understanding due to his meds all being screwed up. But this has been going on way longer than his meds has been like this. Actually to think of it, I have actually been battling this kid since he was 2. Is it ever going to END? UGH

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)