Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kids eating of the floor..

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:12 PM
  • 44 Replies

if you let your kids eat off the floor, couch or wherever, lets hear it! =)

Christopher ususally starts in one location if we arent eating together and will move to his little table, and then the living room table, and if we eat at my friends sometimes he sits right on the floor with his plate! So What! Hes happy healthy, has manners and im sure he will be alright

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
knglenn22
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:13 PM

We don't have a kitchen table right now and the high chair we had was poorly made and bowed inward and wouldn't lock the tray with my sons weight so he sits with a tray on the couch with me and my hubby.  It may not be the way other people eat but it works for us until we can get a kitchen table and chairs and a bigger place to put it.

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:14 PM

I am going for the worlds worst mother record tonight. When my DS was small I could not keep him still. I basically handed him his food and let him go. Then I would clean up everywhere he went. Course way back then there wasn't CM to tell me what a rotten mother I am.

Mommy2LPK
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:14 PM

We eat meals at the table, but snacks end up on the floor all the time! They pick em up and eat em! Ohh well! We don't wear shoes in the house and tend to clean the floors daily .... so it's not a big deal! I eat of the floor sometimes to :) 

knglenn22
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:15 PM

I forgot to add the my son and I sit on the couch to eat and my hubby sits on the floor with his plate!!!

CarterMommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:15 PM

my little one eats anywhere and everywhere! i give him a cracker and he'll walk around with it, set it somewhere and go find it later lol - he must hide it well cause the dog doesn't find it lol

we also eat in the living room for snacks and EVERYTIME we order pizza we all eat in the living room and watch TV or a movie :)

DaffysDoll
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Well, I'm guessing this is a spin off of my post (and no, I'm not mad!)

I was actually just going to put up a post to thank the ladies that stood behind me.

I do not let ds eat off of the floor, I sit him on the floor and feed him his baby food. For a while I was feeding him in his walker, but I got tired of having to put the seat in the washing machine all the time. Also, he is very mobile in his walker and I was afraid he would fall into the spoon and gag himself.

I didn't get a chance to defend myself before because guess what...I was mopping the floor and getting the rest of the house ready for company tonight!

Good for you OP for posting this!! I'm glad I'm not the only one! 

virgosuperstar
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Mine is 4 and she has a tendenacy to do the same thing some times!! she will go from the table to the couch to my room! she knows i do not allow food in the bedrooms but i can sometimes catch her in there if she sneaks it away!! but if its in the LR i do not mind so much...just as long as she eats!! LOL!!

Plus-size-mommy
by StarBaby on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:17 PM

yep sometimes my son will be watching television or building with his blocks and he doesn't want to sit at his table or at the big table so i just set his plate down on the floor next to him.he eats it and still gets to play so i don't have a huge fight on my hands! i choose to pick my battles!

of course he knows it is his because i made sure to personalize his "doggy" bowl with his name and pic, that way he could tell the difference between his bowl and the dogs.

eye rolling

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:18 PM

I was the same way with my DD!!

And OP, if i dont feel like putting DD in her chair, ill set her on the living room floor with her plate and she will eat....sometimes she makes a mess, sometiems she doesnt...BUT its just dirt....god made dirt, dirt dont hurt

Quoting DaffysDoll:

Well, I'm guessing this is a spin off of my post (and no, I'm not mad!)

I was actually just going to put up a post to thank the ladies that stood behind me.

I do not let ds eat off of the floor, I sit him on the floor and feed him his baby food. For a while I was feeding him in his walker, but I got tired of having to put the seat in the washing machine all the time. Also, he is very mobile in his walker and I was afraid he would fall into the spoon and gag himself.

I didn't get a chance to defend myself before because guess what...I was mopping the floor and getting the rest of the house ready for company tonight!

Good for you OP for posting this!! I'm glad I'm not the only one! 

Meli55a2001
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:19 PM

My daughter hasn't really eaten her meals off of the floor but she finds random things and eats them.  It grosses me out but nothing I can do to stop her once the food is in unless I want my finger bitten off.  Half the time she does eat her meals in her high chair and the other half, she's on the couch or running around.  I'm not going to fight with her every time.  I would rather clean up her messes and have her eat her food instead of fighting with her and her refusing to eat. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)