Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really need some advice, please no bashing

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:13 PM
  • 26 Replies

Please understand this is really hard for me but I don't have anyone to ask that won't judge me or assume that I'm all wrong or crazy.  My boys are 2 1/2 and 5 months. Okay, I love my children.  LOVE my children.  But since Logan's been born in September I just feel off.  A couple weeks ago I was changing his diaper and I snapped.  It was like the 50th diaper that day between the two of them.  And Chris was sitting on the couch and wouldn't help.  And I just broke down in tears.  I told him I couldn't do it anymore that there were times I didn't even wanted to be around my children.  There's times when they are both crying I just want to set them in their cribs and walk out the door until they stop.  I know part of it is I rarely get time to myself, like once a month IF I'm lucky.  I'm afraid I've got post partum depression though.  These feelings have just started in the last month though.  Can it really take that long to set in?  Does anyone have any advice?  I really do love my children and I would never hurt them, and I don't think of hurting them, but there are times when I really do just want to walk away for ten or fifteen minutes just to re group.  I've actually put them both in their cribs and stood on the front porch for five minutes just so I could do that because I was afraid if I didn't I would just start crying right along with them and wouldn't stop.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stefvan
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Talk to your OB.  Sounds like postpartum.

Patricks_mom1
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:15 PM

I don't know what to say.

Bump

aidenleesmomma

I know exactly how you feel. I actually just had one of my random spells today. My son is 10 months old, and once every 2-3 weeks, I just need to regroup. My best advice for you, though, is a couple hours to yourself a week. I have a class on Thursdays for 3 hours, and it's my only "off" time. It helps A LOT! Good luck, momma.

PoisonousBlonde
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:15 PM

You sound exhausted and you need a break. Your SO needs to get off his butt and help you and let you get some rest.

What about getting some antidepressants or Valium?

img381/8154/99620876gs2.gifthimage021.jpg jasper witlock hale image by mrscullen1jasoer2.jpg jasper image by NiK_ThE_NuT7255646.jpg Jasper Hale image by mabudachi3OMEYUP.jpg Team Jasper image by sspatlan88

AmelieH

PPD is completely normal and oh hunny... in your situation, I don't know many women who wouldn't feel overwhelmed!

First, get SO off his ass.

Get to the doc.  Zoloft is amazing for this.

Vent to us!  we are here when you need us!

reelo
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:16 PM

That really sounds like depression and yeah, it can build over time, please talk to your OB or doc about getting some help.

Reagan06

My suggestion go see your doctor.  Then tell your husband he had a part in making hem he gets a part in raising them, walk out the door & get your self a cup of coffee, relax then go back home.  You NEED it!

Tysonsmom111006

I dont really know anything about PPD, but I would def. talk to your doctor about how your feeling. Hell know more about what to tell you.  Sorry youre going through this. I hope someone can help you more.

CarterMommy

Quoting stefvan:

Talk to your OB.  Sounds like postpartum.

susiemae
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:17 PM

I am sorry you are feeling this way. You need to ask your hubby for help. Before you know it they won't be small any more. Enjoy it while you can and don't be afraid to ask for help. We all need alone time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)