Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20/20 who watched???(piog)

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:13 PM
  • 55 Replies

That story broke my heart...I wrote ABC news and asked where I could send that little girl her Hannah Montana boots.  I'm so glad someone finally did a story about AMERICAN kids who need help...it's about damn time.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PUMPKIN1117
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:14 PM

what was it?? what time is it where u are? what channel? lol 

Georgina

Blinkies

mommykel1980
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:18 PM

abc, 10:00pm here, and it is 11:17 here...broke my damn heart

Quoting PUMPKIN1117:

PUMPKIN1117
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:19 PM

okay is hasnt come on yet

Quoting mommykel1980:

Quoting PUMPKIN1117:

Georgina

Blinkies

roughneckswife
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:20 PM

I was wondering the same thing!! I felt so sorry for those kids..

Ask me about Passion Parties!

mommykel1980
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:20 PM

you have to watch it!

Quoting PUMPKIN1117:

okay is hasnt come on yet

Quoting mommykel1980:

Quoting PUMPKIN1117:

Stacie-Kim
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:21 PM

there are kids like that ALL OVER THIS COUNTRY!!!

shooting photokissing dad      

mommykel1980
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:22 PM

well, how do I help them then???  I knew it was there...but seeing it was so sad....I want to start something for all these kids and don't know where to begin....except with the boots.

Quoting Stacie-Kim:

campmulli
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:28 PM

YOu are right there are kids all over our country who are in need, but NONE of them live like these kids live. Have you ever traveled through there? Our daughter lived in one community that they featured tonight and I can tell you that when you go there you feel as though you are living in a third world country without any government aid whatsoever. It is horrible to drive 100 miles and not see a grocery, church or school. It is even worse to see these people living in busses and cardboard boxes because they have no other means. The jobs are scarce, their healthcare is non existant, and their education is minimal at best. Did you watch the show? These people have nothing. Children in other parts of this country have a means to their misery end. They have hospitals and homeless shelters and law enforcement that has the ability to help them. there is no such thing in Barbourville KY or in the hills of WV. We have been there and driven through there and our daughter lived there and I can tell you that this is the worst area of this country.

It would be nice to see our federal government deliver travel trailers to those people who have no where to live, like they did for those in New orleans. It would be nice to see a few million dollars spent in that area of the country instead of billions to bail out more banks that have overspent and blame everyone else. Give me a break, these kids are suffering evenmore than those who live on Indian reservations in teh United States. Help these kids and their families, they need all they can get.

Quoting Stacie-Kim:

mommykel1980
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:31 PM

Once again, what can WE DO?!  Please...there has to be someone on here to help ME start something...ANYTHING.

Quoting campmulli:

YOu are right there are kids all over our country who are in need, but NONE of them live like these kids live. Have you ever traveled through there? Our daughter lived in one community that they featured tonight and I can tell you that when you go there you feel as though you are living in a third world country without any government aid whatsoever. It is horrible to drive 100 miles and not see a grocery, church or school. It is even worse to see these people living in busses and cardboard boxes because they have no other means. The jobs are scarce, their healthcare is non existant, and their education is minimal at best. Did you watch the show? These people have nothing. Children in other parts of this country have a means to their misery end. They have hospitals and homeless shelters and law enforcement that has the ability to help them. there is no such thing in Barbourville KY or in the hills of WV. We have been there and driven through there and our daughter lived there and I can tell you that this is the worst area of this country.

It would be nice to see our federal government deliver travel trailers to those people who have no where to live, like they did for those in New orleans. It would be nice to see a few million dollars spent in that area of the country instead of billions to bail out more banks that have overspent and blame everyone else. Give me a break, these kids are suffering evenmore than those who live on Indian reservations in teh United States. Help these kids and their families, they need all they can get.

Quoting Stacie-Kim:

campmulli
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Give your time, volunteer with a team from your church or the company you work with and go to the Appalachian project and help build homes, schools, churches, healthcare centers. They need food, clothing, and the ability to get an education. I just wanted to take Sean, the young man who was to go to college and quit, home to live with us for four years just so he could get his education and be able to go back and help his family and friends. Open your door and use your resources and encourage your federal representatives to put money into that area by insisting that companies not send their manufacturing overseas, but give tax breaks for building in that area of hte country and bring the jobs home. These people deserve the descent life too.

Quoting mommykel1980:

well, how do I help them then???  I knew it was there...but seeing it was so sad....I want to start something for all these kids and don't know where to begin....except with the boots.

Quoting Stacie-Kim:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)