• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military families, I have a question for you

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:49 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am about to move on post and wasn't sure if FEDEX or UPS or any other delivery company besides the post office can deliver on post. Also if you are having furniture delivered from a store how does that work (can they even get on post)? Thanks in advance...

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Magpie75
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:49 PM

They can all get on base with no problems. 

DakotaRose
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:50 PM

As long as they have a reason for being there, yes they can get on post.

lovemymarine306
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:50 PM

ususally, any delivery company can get on base as long as they have a purpose to be on there.  of course, they can get their rights to come on base revoked if they got a ticket...depending on the base/post/whatever.  and yes, UPS delivers...everyone does.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

amanda803
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:52 PM

of course lol. how else would we get anything? same with taxi cabs, school buses... ect.. they just have something set up with the base, so they are welcome on. we just had our new sectional delivered like two days ago. which post are you moving to if you dont mind my asking?

Proud Army wife (June 6th, 07) and mother of two amazing children (May 29th 07 & 08)

betsyfaith
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:58 PM

yes dear, when you live on a military post you're still part of the free world, lol.  Actually, where i'm at now, we have a UPS right on post.  So, we don't see UPS trucks, unless it's something huge, because the UPS deliveries go to the UPS store, and then delivery men go round on bikes (I'm in hawaii, so the weather is usually great for biking, lol) and deliver all the packages.

But, even at ft knox, the delivery trucks for everything would come through.  Some posts will require delivery trucks to go thru certain gates, but the delivery people usually do it often enough that they know where to go, so no worries for you!

BettyPP
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Quoting amanda803:

of course lol. how else would we get anything? same with taxi cabs, school buses... ect.. they just have something set up with the base, so they are welcome on. we just had our new sectional delivered like two days ago. which post are you moving to if you dont mind my asking?

I'm moving back to Ft. Huachuca, it was were I was stationed when i was a single soldier, but everything we got was through USPS, and even though my hubby has been in for 12 some years he never lived in regular housing, always the barracks until we got married and moved off post. He comes home from this deployment soon and we are going to have a lot delivered and I was just making sure I wasn't going to have some pissed off delivery guy saying he can't get my sectional and tables to me, lol... Thanks for the info though, takes a few worries off my shoulders...

lalia262000
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Before I left my husband 6 months ago I lived on a military post for years and I will back up everyone else in saying that I never had any trouble with delivery companies. I love being there too.

aidansmommy529
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 10:20 AM

yes they can

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)