Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They ELOPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Update page #3)

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:57 PM
  • 52 Replies

Well, yesterday my oldest child (almost 21) called me at lunchtime from El Paso to ask me 'Mom, where was I born? What is the name of the hospital? On and on w/the 'OFFICIAL TYPE' questions. I said...are you at the courthouse or something? He said, 'yeah, I'm gettin' married right now!'. Of course being the mom, I said, 'are you sure you want to be with this girl for the REST of your life?' He was like,'of course mommy but I still love you!'. I said, 'ok, if you know what you're doing then you have my blessing'. 

So anyway, I have never met this girl. He has dated her for about 10 weeks. SHE just told me her name 2 days ago. He is on his way to Iraq in April so possibly this is him trying to get as much living done b4 he goes as he can b/c he is scared he might not come back! IDK but I will do my darndest to welcome her with open arms. (BUT...if she screws my son over and cheats and takes all his $ then that's it!!!!) Just needed to get that off my chest.

(Ok going to bed now......well in a few minutes!) Goodnight Ladies!

*****UPDATE PAGE 3****

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brennajoy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:58 PM

Ah, the classic military love story. LOL

Kelli.and.Ellie
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 12:00 AM

i wish them the best of luck :)

wisconsin-momma.gif

JMVITT
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 12:01 AM

Awe your baby got married and now he's going to Iraq, thats a lot to throw on you!  I hope his "wife" is good to him and they make it.  Congrats to being a MIL!!

SandraRh
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 12:02 AM

ditto. 

Quoting Kelli.and.Ellie:

i wish them the best of luck :)

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
RmeWifey01
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 12:03 AM

OMGSH!!!! I didn't even think of that!!! LOL I am only 39...! Before you know it I will be a grandma at like 40! YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting JMVITT:

Awe your baby got married and now he's going to Iraq, thats a lot to throw on you!  I hope his "wife" is good to him and they make it.  Congrats to being a MIL!!

Jaismomma
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 12:05 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

JMVITT
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 12:06 AM

It will be okay because then you will be th young hip grandma every kid wishes they had! 

Quoting RmeWifey01:

OMGSH!!!! I didn't even think of that!!! LOL I am only 39...! Before you know it I will be a grandma at like 40! YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting JMVITT:

kindheartcarol
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 12:10 AM

jumping to fast no offense but it'll be lucky if it lasts or if the girl DOESN"T cheat. esp. if she's not knowledge of military lifetstyle. its VERY common in the military.

kathyh4203
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 12:14 AM

El Paso???? That is where my best friend is stationed.... I know its not her though cause she is already married... just thought it was an interesting coincidence

RmeWifey01
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 12:15 AM

And this is why...in my heart I am worried b/c she is a party girl who is 18 and LOVES to shop!

Quoting kindheartcarol:

jumping to fast no offense but it'll be lucky if it lasts or if the girl DOESN"T cheat. esp. if she's not knowledge of military lifetstyle. its VERY common in the military.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)