Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how long did you wait??????

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 7:16 PM
  • 43 Replies
Do you think six weeks is to long to wait for sex after birth?

My husband sure think so.
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mummiex2
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 7:22 PM
My husband thought so too!! LOL!! We didn't wait that long with either of my children!! Couldn't hold ourselves back I guess!! LOL!! But we waited until i felt comfortable again, it was probably about 3 or 4 weeks, but I had both my kids natural!
Robsmommy
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 7:24 PM
When our Robbie was born, my Dr. said the standard time for healing is six weeks.  Needless to say, some of us have husbands that can't or won't understand this.  The best advice I got from the Dr. was that when I was ready and feeling up to it is the right time.  I had to get very tough with my husband, and sometimes I just got flat out rude and said "NO".  I know I hurt his feelings a little, but he eventually got it.  We can laugh about it now, it's almost 9 years after the fact, and when the idea of another child is mentioned, I remind him that if he wants something delivered, call UPS or FEDEX.  Enjoy your day.
                                                            RobsmommyLaughing
Kanowlin
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 7:25 PM
My hubby and I did. we we're only able to go four and when I went to my doctor for my six week check up she asked if we'd had sex yet and I said yeah at  four and she said that it was okay that the six week is kinda a genaral rule, some women arent ready until then. I'm sure your hubby will do just fine. Just a little word of advice though, if you had an epostomie, you may want to make sure you do wait the enitre time, give yourself more time to heal. Be carefull when you do if you had one, make sure hes slow and careful.
Kimberly
AngelaDawn
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 7:26 PM
I'm sure he does.  With my first child i waited baout 3 or 4 weeks. With my second i waited a couple of months, but it hurt. i'm still not comfortable yet and my daughter is almost 7 months.
Mom4ValandMady
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 7:30 PM
Well....
After my first one, we were ready ASAP, we tried after two weeks. OUCH!!!
My second one, we waited like two months, he didn't want to touch me for some reason LOL
RNmom84
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 7:34 PM

I had an emergency C-section. We waited only 3.5 weeks and barely made it that long....something about being newlyweds and having a baby in the first year of marriage!

lilsnuggleym
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 7:36 PM

Well my husband and I sure didnt wait the whole six weeks!

lili_mommy
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 7:37 PM
 Well, I was a single mom at the time...
 But I think you should do whatever makes you comfortable !!!
 Have a Blessed week!
 Good luck! Wink
Alex_n_Mac
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 7:38 PM
I had a c-section, but i only waited like 3 weeks. i'm sure we should've waited longer like the doctors said. but it didnt hurt and i dont have anything wrong with me today, so all is good.
Mom2HopenFaith
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 7:40 PM

My husband and I waited for like 3 weeks. I wasn't sure if I was ready or not so I made sure to tell him if I said whoa... he better pull-out...LOL So if you can communicate, I'd say go ahead and try it when your ready.
Take care~ Melissa

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)