Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TURNING DOWN THE JOB AND LEARNING TO TRUST MY INSTINCTS

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 9:19 PM
  • 2 Replies

It's soo weird how a good opportunity can come your way yet something about it just feels off. You tell yourself not to think negatively and to just give it a try. You even get tons of encouragement from friends and family. But that feeling inside of you just won't go away. It's funny how it all works out. How everything is set on a timer. When things are suppose to happen that timer goes off and things happen. When it's not the right timing though your whole world gets turned into chaos while you fight off the bad instincts and try and set the time off. Needless to say, those moments never workout. Perhaps that's a good thing, right? Maybe something better is coming. Well, for anyone reading this who know's I was up for a job that was potencially going to help make my husband and mine's financial situation a little better, I turned the job down. I feel like I let my friend down but nothing, and I mean NOTHING, was working out in trying to get this job. It started with this relentless nagging feeling, then when Monday came around I found my only "professional" clothes no longer fit me due to circumstances unknown to be true at the moment (pretty sure it's pregnancy just haven't seen a doctor yet), tried on my neighbor's scrubs and they, to no surprise, didn't fit me (she's double my size). Then yesterday, my husband comes home around 9pm and ran over to our nearest Wal-Mart to buy me some scrubs, which was required for me to get a second chance at the job this morning, he came home and I, of course, tried them on and even the medium slid right off of me. There was nothing I could do to make those pants fit me if my life had depended on it. So we pretty much came to the conclusion that I was just not meant for the job. For whatever reasons, someone or something, did not want me to get this job. Part of me is really disappointed. I know how important it was for me to get this job or at least give it a try and I know how much it woujld have helped us out. Yet another part of me is relieved that it didn't workout. I can't help but feel that somethings are just better off not being tried. Kind of like drugs. I never had an instinct to do heroin, for instance, and I know that I'm better off to have tried it. There are something's not meant to be and that's that. Well, this job for me is one of those things. It just wasn't meant to be. Maybe, just maybe, something better is coming. Maybe something, God forbid, bad is going to happen at the office or on the way there or back or something and I'm not meant to be part of it. Thinking more positively though, I think something better might come of me not going for the job after all. I had been praying and praying and praying to God, asking him to show me the direction I was suppose to go, asking if the job was the right one. Well, I guess my questions were oddly answered. I'm thankful for my friend, nonetheless, and the opportunity that had been almost granted to me. I appreciate her so much for thinking of me and working hard to get me the job. It's beyond a appreciation! Anyway, I just wanted to update everyone. There's a quick message though, if ever, something is brought up and it don't feel right to you, go with your instincts and pray. Sometimes your instincts are right and always will you get answers from your prayers one way or another.  Who's to know what would have happened had everything gone more smoothly for me but I think I'm okay not knowing. I had a good day today with my two year old daughter. I watched her ride her bike around for about an hour outside in the crisp air and under the cloudless sky. That makes my days all worthwhile.

P.S. Thanks to everyone who read my last entry and respond with such encouragement and positivity!!! I am really loving the good vibes and the new friends I have found on CafeMom! Smile

by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Robin
by Head Admin on Mar. 29, 2007 at 10:55 AM

I agree, it's good to follow our instincts...it sounds like you're going to be happier this way.

I'm glad you're here and that we're frineds, too!

Have a great day!Smile
Robin

Nicci312
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 11:02 AM
You sound like you are at "peace" with you decision, and that is really important (and really cool that you could really trust your gut). If you don't feel at peace about it, something will always go wrong, or let you know you aren't supposed to be there. I wish I could learn to trust my instincts the way you do. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)