Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

concerne

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 11:51 PM
  • 4 Replies
i was wondering if all you moms could help me over the past month my son has gotten marks on his arm.  at first i thought the little one was a birthmark cuz its just a little discolored and odd shaped. but then over a course of a month there started to get more and on the other arm too it feels dried out also. i would take himto the doctor but there is problems with my insurance.  i ruled out melitoma cuz they arent circular or really brown just kinda orangesh and off skin colored.  he isnt sick and is still the happy baby he is.  i thought it could be dried skin but  i dont  know if you know what it is or a possibility please tell me
thanks,
amy
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tginn20
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 12:03 AM

my 6 month old has bad eczema and it causes him to get red and pink and a shade lighter than his skin marks on his body that are dried out. my ped. said that eczema was normal and NOT to put baby lotion on bc it will dry it out more. i used a steroid cream the ped. gave me (but diaper rash cream and petrolium jelly works too) and just coated him in it about 2 hours before bed before i put his jammies on and it works wonders. if that doesn't work then take him to a family clinic where insurance isn't needed. good luck!!

Mommy2Hania
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 12:04 AM

Are there any free clinics in your area? I know that some people feel funny about going to them but if you're really worried and you're having problems with your insurance it's really better safe than sorry. I hope that you figure out what it is soon and that your son is just fine.  My daughter broke out from bug bites last year, the bumps were red and pussed a bit and they took forever to fade away. The DR. said she was just allergic and not to worry, but you can still see some of the bumps just faintly on her arms. I was completely worried but it did make me feel better just to take her to the DR.

veg4animals2006
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 12:07 AM
Yup, sounds like classic excema! My fiance, me, and our son have it.
Stop using baby soap during bath time. Find an excema wash and cream if you can. If you can't just use water to rinse him off and then apply lots of baby lotion or baby oil after bath time. You can also use Cortizon 10 on really irritated spots. Be sure to just keep lose clothing on him and no itching or scratchy materials. Keep moisturizing his skin.. maybe when changing his diaper put a little lotion on his legs or arms. If you use daycare, tell them about it as well.

Hope we helped!
kriket2004
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 7:56 PM

you all have helped so much and i have more questions can this skin rash only be in one place cuz its only on his arms.  and it isnt really bright red just kinda red could it still be that rash?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)