Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

runny nose with blood...

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 8:11 PM
  • 10 Replies

all three of us have that flu that is going around.my son has a runny nose that occasionally bleeds...anyone know what it means?

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

pregnancy calendar
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shanamaria
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Sinus infection

shellbelle8
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 8:12 PM

dry air?

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2009 at 8:12 PM

yup...mine does that when I get one

Quoting Shanamaria:

Sinus infection

jitsmom
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 8:20 PM

maybe blowing to hard

babyjet07
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Broken blood vessels in the nose

chiamom123
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 8:25 PM
Quoting babyjet07:

Broken blood vessels in the nose

yep try a vaporizer in the room at night if you haven't already it can help sometimes my brother used to get them all the time
Expectingpeanut
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Dry air, sinus infection and possibly not getting enough fluid.  Sometimes if I don't drink water then my nose bleeds a little bit.

copperswifey
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 8:27 PM

I have that to but they say what the other girls have said it's either a sinus infection, dry air or broken vessels in the nose if he tried to blow too hard. I think we can rule out the other reasons for it like him being pregnant or clot disorder lol Hope you all feel better soon =)

listasmom
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Thanks for the post.. my DD is getting over the flu and all of a sudden her nose just started bleeding it happened twice in one day.. just all of a sudden but it cant be from blowing she doesnt know how she's 2. but maybe its a sinus infection it hasnt happened again these past 2 days. So maybe its a sinus infection. I was scared.. Thanks Ladies

Pregnancy ticker
 Make a pregnancy ticker

ljsmamma07
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 8:40 PM

my son doesnt blow either, it just kinda runs out with the snot...its not alot but enough that as he is wipping his nose with his sleave(before i can get to him) it has stained the side of his face...we have tryed to vicks vapor plugs at night but it usually happens during the day..is there anything that we should be doing otherwise...my hubby is freaked out and wants me to call the dr to make a appointment, but i dont think its worth that.

Quoting listasmom:

Thanks for the post.. my DD is getting over the flu and all of a sudden her nose just started bleeding it happened twice in one day.. just all of a sudden but it cant be from blowing she doesnt know how she's 2. but maybe its a sinus infection it hasnt happened again these past 2 days. So maybe its a sinus infection. I was scared.. Thanks Ladies

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

pregnancy calendar
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)