Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I made my husband angry.....and he threw something at me......*Updated* *another update*

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2009 at 2:32 AM
  • 35 Replies

Yell. Throw a cup of sprite at my wife. Yell some more. Throw the baby gate across the room. Yell as loud as i can. slam the door. get in car. peel out of the driveway.

Me: Cry and unsure about what to do.

This was the extent of the last half hour.

I dont know if i can do this anymore.

Sorry I have not gotten back to you guys on this.

Here is what happened:

Josiah has a cold.....and so he was pretty cranky when i layed him down for bed.....i just asked mike to go up there and give him a lil water.....he just threw it in josiahs crib and instead of consoling him...just walked out and got back on the computer. So, I said "Nice parenting Michael....I might as well be a single mom" and thats when he screamed at me...."Leave me the F*** alone" and so i said "No i will not U never help me with Josiah...He is ur son too and it is like u dont even care...why dont u ever be a father to Josiah"...and started heading up the stairs to take care of Josiah...he took his full cup of sprite from mcdonalds and hauled it at me....I turned around and said "get out"...he grabbed the baby gate and threw it....i said "get out" again and he slammed the door shut...I rushed over to lock the door...and as i did that he drop kicked the door.....ran over to his car..and peeled out.....

I texted him not to come home .....

but other than that...I dont know what to do......

I want to thank all of u ladies for ur support and replies....after being away for a night...my husband called me....and apologized and i felt like i had to apologize too.....we love eachother and we know that we BOTH have to work on things....Not only for the sake of our marriage but the sake of our beautiful lil boy. we both overreacted and are going to go thru some marriage counseling thru our church:) Thanks again ladies...

here are some pics i took of us today:) just cuz i love taking photos...haha

by on Mar. 1, 2009 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazyangel_52
by on Mar. 1, 2009 at 2:35 AM

i would get out and do it now.

boyx3
by on Mar. 1, 2009 at 2:36 AM

does this happen often? or was this the first time?

Josiahsmommy22
by on Mar. 1, 2009 at 2:37 AM

He yells at me alot...and throws things across the room but this is the first time he has done this at me:(

Quoting boyx3:

milmiracle
by on Mar. 1, 2009 at 2:38 AM

was the kiddo cing it all?  was the kiddo acting like he knew it was coming, worried maybe? cuz that is the main issue really setting the example. if you teach your child he doesn't have to have respect for your property thtat is what is coming to u later if u don't nip it in the bud.

Happy St. Patricks Day

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2009 at 2:40 AM

Is there any way you can stay with someone so you can cool down and think about it. Maybe telling him he needs to leave till he gets his temper under control.

boyx3
by on Mar. 1, 2009 at 2:41 AM

can you have a sit down talk with him? If not, It might be time to leave. If he throws things at you, whats to say he wont throw things at your child. Talk to him when he is calm and tell him how this affects you. DO NOT talk to him about it when he is angry.

sapphiresoda
by on Mar. 1, 2009 at 2:41 AM

The next time, if you allow there to be a next time by not leaving his stuff on the curb tonight and bolting the door, it may be a fist being thrown at your face.  Stuff like this usually escalates.

Quoting Josiahsmommy22:

He yells at me alot...and throws things across the room but this is the first time he has done this at me:(

Quoting boyx3:

AngMarie
by on Mar. 1, 2009 at 2:43 AM

I'm sorry momma but this is the beginning of abusive behavior.It sounds like verbal and getting to the physical point.He sounds like he needs anger management help.I know b/c I have been there.

fairymom2316
by on Mar. 1, 2009 at 2:48 AM

Have you talked to him about his anger problem? There are ways that he can fix that. My hubby used to be angry all the time, although he never threw anything at me, he would break things in the house. The thing is that he has to realize what he is doing and be willing to change how he deals with his problems. Did your son see him doing that to you?

My hubby has changed and we don't argue and he doesn't break things anymore. He saw that what he was doing was wrong and changed for the better, or else he would've ended up alone. This is something that you have to bring to his attention and tell him it's not OK. You have to be firm with him because he might end up doing something worse in the end and you don't want it to escalate to that =(

Missing you everyday. See you in my dreams....come home

sagi6666
by on Mar. 1, 2009 at 2:50 AM

You don't deserve to be treated like that...His yelling and physically throwing stuff across the room lead to physically throwing something at you...Have to think what he'll throw next, a punch? And where will he throw that? At you? If his temper seems to be getting worse as time went by, you should get out of the relationship while you can...Call your mom, explain what is happening, she'll understand and take you under her wing til you get yourself situated with a job and a place of your own...Take your kid and go where you know you both will be safe...If my daughter was going through something like this, I would tell her the same thing...I would tell her to come on home baby and we'll work this out together...That's what mom's are for, dads too if you have a good dad...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN