Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HP touchscreen laptop

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:17 AM
  • 5 Replies

I just got mine yesterday and I love it except....I guess I didnt look to hard or think to hard on the size of the screen. Its 12.2 and I am used to a bigger one on my PC. Ok so that is my fault for not payiong that close attention but by this time I had looked at tons and was getting overwhelmed and confused. ANyways I am using this to go with my new camera and I am going to start a photography buisness. I currently work in a studio. I thought this laptop would be the best for editing pictures and all that. Does anyone out there know about photo editing and this computer. Any imput would be apprecitaed I am debating on keeping it or exchanging it. Thanks

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Brooke208
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:22 AM

I bought that a few months ago and returned it within 3 days.  I liked it, but it needs work before I'll buy it again.  First of all, it needs a better processer.  Second, I could not STAND how loud that sucker was.  The fan was constant, and it got to the point where it wasn't worth the cool features.  Like I said, it could be great, but it needs work.  The small size is what threw me over the edge.  I ended up purchasing a Sony Vaio and I love it.  I'm going to get a Bamboo Tablet, which isn't very expensive, and that will give me features like a touch screen.  I'm so much happier, because even though I don't have a touch screen, the Vaio is a much better computer.

Brooke208
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:24 AM

I wanted to add that I thought it would be good for editing photos too, but I never got that far.  It just wasn't worth it.  That's why I'm getting the Bamboo Tablet.  Check it out, you could get that with a better, cheaper laptop. 

SherriX2
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:33 AM

I have the HP TouchSmart PC Desktop, the size of my screen shocked me to because its 27 inches! BIG!!

I cant help you with your laptop,but we might have some of the same programs. Maybe we can help each other out since I haven't had a chance to really play around with the photo options yet.

I love my TouchSmart!

But my laptop in NOT the HP Touchsmart and in less someone comes along with better feed back,I'll stay with the one I have now. I'll have it a year in April. (I got the HP TouchSmart PC from CafeMom,it cost around $2000.00,there is no way I can afford that right now)

Brooke208
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:38 AM

The TouchSmart PC's are awesome.  MUCH better than the laptop IMO.  I think you can get a better processer in those, and you definitely won't have size issues.  If I didn't need a laptop, I SO would have got the TouchSmart PC instead. 

Quoting SherriX2:

I have the HP TouchSmart PC Desktop, the size of my screen shocked me to because its 27 inches! BIG!!

I cant help you with your laptop,but we might have some of the same programs. Maybe we can help each other out since I haven't had a chance to really play around with the photo options yet.

I love my TouchSmart!

But my laptop in NOT the HP Touchsmart and in less someone comes along with better feed back,I'll stay with the one I have now. I'll have it a year in April. (I got the HP TouchSmart PC from CafeMom,it cost around $2000.00,there is no way I can afford that right now)

SherriX2
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:23 PM

yeah I agree! we love ours. I was thinking about mounting the screen on the wall because you can use it as a TV , plus with the wireless keyboard and mouse you can use it as a computer to.

I love that I can record movies or shows on it. I use my DVR so much that I cant watch a show when it on because I cant fast forward the commercials. But you can only record 2 shows at once and once you do that you cant watch anything else (in less you watch a show you have recorded earlier) so what I do is watch TV on my Touch-Smart or record a 3rd show on the touch-smart.

last week our cable was out for a few hours,but we could still watch TV on the computer so we didn't miss anything. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)