Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Painting my little sisters room.

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:20 AM
  • 13 Replies

So my little sister lives with us and just recently got the door put back on her room. Well we decided to repaint her room but have no idea what colors to do or anything like that. She wants it to be more adult looking. She likes a really light purple color or something similar. So some ideas would be very helpful.. Colors? Stripes? Argyle? any ideas anyone has would be great... she is almost 13

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2trips
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:23 AM

bump

mommy2trips
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:30 AM

hmmmm i guess no one has any ideas :(:(:(

mamaof2boys148
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:31 AM

My lil sis lives with me too. and her room is a cream color and she was a light pink bed set. you could do something like that. 

missy_1926
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Stripes are always good but it would be alot of work.

mommy2trips

Thank you

Quoting mamaof2boys148:

My lil sis lives with me too. and her room is a cream color and she was a light pink bed set. you could do something like that. 

GoVolmama

My 17 year old sister just painted her room light purple with a light yellow for trim. It looks nice and you could compliment it with bedding and throw pillows, maybe some picture frames she can hang on her walls. IDK just a suggestion. 

mommy2trips
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:33 AM

lol her and my hubby are doing all the work.:)

Quoting missy_1926:

Stripes are always good but it would be alot of work.

mommy2trips

Thank you. I will tell her about that Idea

Quoting GoVolmama:

My 17 year old sister just painted her room light purple with a light yellow for trim. It looks nice and you could compliment it with bedding and throw pillows, maybe some picture frames she can hang on her walls. IDK just a suggestion. 

hot_mommy_of2

You could do a pale lavender with a darker shade of purple for stripes. Stripes are really easy to do...I also love polka dots :)

madmomof5
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:36 AM

maybe you could join a design group here too for some more suggestions.   I am not very good with colors, design and what not so I joined a design on a dime group,  HTH  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)