Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please, i need advice quickly

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:33 AM
  • 10 Replies

My daughter is 19 and is about an hour away from me right now. For almost a week now she has been complaining about her mouth hurting really bad and her gums 'shrinking' and pulling away from her teeth. She can't eat or sleep because it hurts so bad. She has tried ibuprophen and tylenol for the pain and they are not working. She has been putting some orajel on it and it isn't helping.

The dentist's are not open on the weekend so she can't go to the dentist. I am afraid she has some sort of gum disease that may be eating away at her gums at a very rapid rate. She can't wait until monday to see a dentist. Is there anything the hospital can do for her teeth? She doesn't have insurance so the cost will be up to her to pay in full so if they won't be able to do anything then she doesn't want to spend the money.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the group owner of the following groups:

Oregon Moms

August 2005 Birth Club

Car Seat Safety

Antidepressants

Women with Fibroids

If one or more of my groups are of interest to you please click on the link above and join today....see ya there

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeartofGold
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:34 AM

oh and she wonders if maybe the hydroxy cut that she recently started taking could have had something to do with it? She quit taking it but it isn't getting any better.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oregon Moms

August 2005 Birth Club

Car Seat Safety

Antidepressants

Women with Fibroids

If one or more of my groups are of interest to you please click on the link above and join today....see ya there

kdasgirl
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:36 AM

sounds like peridontal disease to me..  she will probably need at the least a deep cleaning if not surgery. The hospital won't do either of those things. Most likely they'l give her tylenol and charge her an arm and a leg. Sorry.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Logansmommy34
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:37 AM

better to be safe than sorry i would go there to be  with her and take her to thr ER

Kelli.and.Ellie
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:39 AM

i wouldnt see this as a prob. only thing ER would prob do thou is gave her maybe i better pain med and possibly a antibiotic if it is something they could maybe help with. id just wait thou

Quoting HeartofGold:

oh and she wonders if maybe the hydroxy cut that she recently started taking could have had something to do with it? She quit taking it but it isn't getting any better.

wisconsin-momma.gif

ProudArmyWife88
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:39 AM

My husband had those symptoms and he even said it felt like his gum was getting thiner and it was, he needed a root canal. But that might not be the case. You could actually see his root coming through his gum and that was over 2 nights!  

Wife to Thomas-June 3,2006

Mother to Kyla-December 23, 2006 & Marissa-October 22, 2008

in love

toddler girl  baby girl

HeartofGold
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:08 AM

I found an emergency tooth dr that is open 7 days a week. She said she can make it until morning when they open to go in there. This way she doesn't get a hospital bill then head to the dentist and have another bill..

thanks to all that have replied to my post. I really appreciate the help.

Oregon Moms

August 2005 Birth Club

Car Seat Safety

Antidepressants

Women with Fibroids

tiffanyp1980
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:29 AM

I was going to say that the er doesn't really do anything for problems with teeth, other than maybe give out pain meds. But, my sister went because she basically broke a tooth in half and they gave her vicodin.....

HeartofGold
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:03 PM

I just got home from the dentist with my daughter. She has Acute peridontal disease and they gave her some vicodin ,amoxacillan and prescription mouth wash. She goes back in 2 weeks once the infection is gone and her gums are healthy again for a deep cleaning.

She woke up this morning with blood just dripping out of her mouth all over everything. She had to keep cotton swabs in her mouth to soak up the blood or it just kept dripping out.

She should be feeling better after a couple of doses of her medicine. I am so thankful that there is atleast one dentist open on sundays.

Oregon Moms

August 2005 Birth Club

Car Seat Safety

Antidepressants

Women with Fibroids

inluvwdross
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Im glad to hear that she has been seen by a dentist and is on her way to recovery.

Huggles to you both.

Tha Name is Melissa. I am the mother of 3 lovely children, 2 boys and 1 girl.  My favorite color is red. I love photography and photo manipulation. I am a member of several photo editing groups. I am not a girly girl, Most people say I am just plain Jane..but I like it that way. I am in a bi-racial relationship, and I believe that Love is not a color.

ladybugsiggy.gif picture by angel_under_fire28

HeartofGold
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Thanks so much....I have had a couple sleepless nights thinking about her and the pain she has been in but she wouldnt go. I am glad she finally did.

Oregon Moms

August 2005 Birth Club

Car Seat Safety

Antidepressants

Women with Fibroids

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)