Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My BFF turned out to be just like SO said, and its tearing me up inside.

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:45 AM
  • 12 Replies

Well, as some of you already know, a few months ago when I moved into a bigger house my BFF started bringing all these things she said " she would never use..and we could get some use out of...." and always talking about how she was just so glad she could pass them on and bless someone else..

Well, about 3 weeks ago, she comes over here with a LIST OF ALL THE ITEMS AND HOW MUCH I OWE HER FOR THEM!!

Of course, I was a little hurt..but I did give her some of the money when I got paid because some of the items were really worth what she asked..though I did mention to her that she never said that she wanted $$$ for the items...where I come from when you give someone a gift, unless you specifically say you are trying to sale it, then , it is just that...a gift.

For the past few weeks she has been avoiding my phone calls, not coming to see me as often as she did before, before, she was at my house at least 2 or 3 times a day...And then, just out of the blue, she starts callin again.....but only to ask if I have her money. and everytime she calls, she doesnt even take time to chit chat...just goes right to the punch.

I feel like shit tonight because I blew up at her when she told me that the only thing I had left to "PAY OFF WAS THE HEATER (THAT YES, I HAD AGREED TO BUY THAT ONE ITEM...BECAUSE WE DESPERATELY NEEDED IT AT THE TIME..) and some fake ass costume jewelry that she brought over here one day and said she never wore. She asked me if I wanted the jewelry, but never asked if I wanted to BUY IT...

WELL, I TOLD HER THIS PAST TUESDAY THAT I DIDNT HAVE ANY MONEY. Then she called on Wednesday morning and left a message on my cellphone and asked if I had her money because "yesterday was payday.." HELLO>.....if you came to my house at midnight to ask me if I had any money and I told you no..why the hell are you calling me 6 hours later to ask the same damn question..???

Well, I told her tonight that SO would be taking her the heater and the jewerly back, and to just please dont bother to come over or call anymore, and For Gods Sake, no more gifts please......

The part that hurts me the most is that she was the only friend I have here in our small town. and now, I have none....but I guess its for the better.

SO tried to tell me for over a year that she was tricky and she would wind up burning  me...and I refused to listen. Now I feel like a total fool!! 

Tha Name is Melissa. I am the mother of 3 lovely children, 2 boys and 1 girl.  My favorite color is red. I love photography and photo manipulation. I am a member of several photo editing groups. I am not a girly girl, Most people say I am just plain Jane..but I like it that way. I am in a bi-racial relationship, and I believe that Love is not a color.

ladybugsiggy.gif picture by angel_under_fire28

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cherish77
by Cherish on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:49 AM

Gee, what a witch.  You don't need her.  Find new friends.

inluvwdross
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:51 AM

Tell me about it...it just makes me sick.

Quoting Cherish77:

Gee, what a witch.  You don't need her.  Find new friends.

Tha Name is Melissa. I am the mother of 3 lovely children, 2 boys and 1 girl.  My favorite color is red. I love photography and photo manipulation. I am a member of several photo editing groups. I am not a girly girl, Most people say I am just plain Jane..but I like it that way. I am in a bi-racial relationship, and I believe that Love is not a color.

roxy85
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:53 AM

I wouldn't have given her any money. Unless she has a note sayin you were going to pay for the items you didn't owe her anything...

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

inluvwdross
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:54 AM

I just figured it was best to give her stuff back and cut ties.....

Quoting roxy85:

I wouldn't have given her any money. Unless she has a note sayin you were going to pay for the items you didn't owe her anything...

Proudbirthmom06
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:16 AM

Wow! That is crazy. I would give her back all of her crap and demand my money back. And if she ever tried calling again I would file harrasment charges. Forget her honey. I may not live anywhere near you but I'll be your friend LOL Love your siggy by the way. 

helloistaken
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:50 AM

Life is too short for people like that,  honestly........I thought i had a friend and it took me twenty yrs to realise she was toxic and she was my last single friend that i had left so she was my movies, dinner ,  do stuff friend......It all changed when i had my baby,   around 2 yrs later......

I got over not going to the movies and dinners and such,  its not like it wont ever happen again in my life......I just realise life is very short and feeling anger over a friend is not worth it in my life,   you will realise too you will be much better off,   better to have no friends than toxic ones, i have friends now with kids (new and old) and we do the playdates and so fourths,  just join a playgroup or something and u will meet ppl.......

Kelli.and.Ellie
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 6:06 AM

didnt u post this already???

wisconsin-momma.gif

inluvwdross
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:57 PM

It was the first part of what happened.....just from last week. Not the newest part...and am I breaking some kind of rule or something?>

Quoting Kelli.and.Ellie:

didnt u post this already???

ChaoticSoul
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:01 PM

I wouldnt give her shit back. Tell her you already paid for the heater with the money you gave her for OTHER items you NEVER agreed to pay for. If she keeps bothering you tell her to take you to court or something. Cuz that would be the only way she would get anymore money out of me!

inluvwdross
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:09 PM

Last night after I told her not to call or come back....I didnt hear anything back from her..but today I have been getting blocked calls ALL DAY LONG.....started at 5 this morning..and Im really starting to get agitated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)